- Lean and agile working environment with investment in new and emerging technology
- Commitment to closing the gender gap
- Community engagement program focused on homelessness
An Australian start-up success story we're quietly proud of.
From a garage in Melbourne to the global stage is an achievement we're humbled by. Our idea to put pictures of houses on the Internet has blossomed since 1995, and we now have businesses across Australia, Asia, India and North America.
Our purpose is to change the way the world experiences property. No matter where you're at on your property journey, we're here to help on every step - whether that's buying, selling, renting or renovating.
Some of our brands include realestate.com.au, realcommercial.com.au, spacely.com.au, flatmates.com.au and hometrack.com.au.
What we're doing:
With us, you'll experience Impact. The Hometrack team at REA Group provides property data and technical platform solutions to customers in the financial and government sectors. It is the core delivery centre for developing solutions to meet customer priorities and align with Hometrack's and REA Groups technology strategy.
We are looking for a tech-savvy Data Scientist to join our Data Science team of analytics experts. The team is responsible for building and maintaining the Automated Valuation models and price indexes and delivering analytical projects to internal stakeholders as well as Hometrack customers.
The remit of the role includes building of statistical and ML models, undertaking analytical projects and providing insights, working (in collaboration with other team members) on expanding our analytical data assets and maintaining our data products, while building effective working relations with internal stakeholders.
The role will suit someone with a broader skillset and previous exposure to analytics, insights and BI who's interested in building data pipelines and predictive models end-to-end and gaining more exposure to data science and modelling.
In this role you will:
- Extract, manipulate and process data from multiple sources and assemble datasets
- Gain a solid understanding of our models and data assets to play a key role in statistical and ML model build and improvements using a range of modelling techniques
- Build data pipelines, troubleshoot data and script issues and proactively analyse the model building processes to identify and recommend improvements
- Perform thorough testing and validation of models to confirm accuracy of data transformations used and robustness of predictive models
- Document the projects and processes and assist with report preparation
- Promote technical communication between Data Science, Database and Engineering teams
- Play a key role in deployment of new analytical tools and data platforms
- Provides support to client analytics work, and contributes to the production of analytics results packs in each assignment
- Translate complex business requirements and objectives into technical briefing.
- Communicate learnings in an accessible manner to different types of audiences.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or science discipline (such as Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar)
- 4+ years of experience in Data Analyst/Data Scientist roles within analytics domain working with large and complex datasets
- Advanced SQL Scripting skills (T-SQL, MS SQL, BigQuery) and experience with structured and unstructured data in a variety of formats
- Experience with building and deploying statistical and ML models in the commercial environment
- Good working knowledge of statistical programming languages, mainly R, Python (exposure to Matlab is well regarded)
- Expertise in a range of commonly used Datamodelling techniques and their trade-offs
- Experience with reporting automation (using Tableau) or a demonstrated willingness to build these skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team-player with excellent communication skills open to new challenges
- Passion for leveraging data to generate value
The REA Experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we'll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We're committed to your development - both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something that we take seriously.
- Onsite health and wellbeing programs, including yoga and meditation classes, and weekly massages
- Because We Care program which includes volunteer leave and community grants, to ensure you have the opportunity to give back to your community
- An additional day of leave just for your birthday
- A flexible working environment meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (and yes, our leaders fully understand the flexible working policy)
- Industry leading gender-neutral parental leave
If you like the sound of us, then we think you should apply today. While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a bit more through our various social channels.
Like a lot of companies, we have perps out there who like to 'phish' and have had a few recent instances of people pretending to be from REA and making offers of employment, on the condition that they transfer money for security checks.