Asset Engineer - Roads And Structural Assets
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Engineer to join a council on a 6 month contract as an Asset Engineer within the Roads and Structural Assets team. this role will involve assisting the Principal engineer in all day to day tasks.
Key Skills Required:
- To review engineering design, drawing, report in relation to roads, footpaths and structural assets by comparing against relevant Australian Standards, RMS Specifications, Austroads guide, etc. and preparing comments and recommendations.
- Undertake site inspections throughout City’s LGA for a range of civil infrastructure assets including roads, footpaths, kerb and gutter and structures including bridges, cliffs/retaining walls, stairs/steps/ramps and passageways.
- Assist the team in reviewing various engineering design, drawing, report in relation to the above roads, footpaths and structural assets by comparing against relevant Australian Standards, RMS Specifications.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in the development of future works programs and implementation of the City’s asset management strategies to ensure that the City’s civil assets perform to optimum service.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that civil infrastructure constructed by developers and others meet the City’s standards.
- Undertake technical, risk management and condition investigations of civil assets to ensure conformance with appropriate asset management plans, policies and procedures.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that the City’s Corporate Asset Management System (CAMS), asset inventories, associated data, reports and recommendations are based on sound engineering practices and procedures.
- Prepare feasibility assessments, concept designs, budgeting and prioritization for assets within the teams responsibility.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for your next contract opportunity please apply via the appropriate link with a CV attached.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Experience in road pavement analysis and design, visual assessment of civil assets, recognition of defects and their rectification requirements.
- Experience in inspection, prioritization and developing maintenance and renewal programs for bridges, retaining walls, maritime assets and footway assets.
- Experience in asset management techniques including, Asset Management Systems ,condition assessment and development of short and long term Asset Management Plans.
- Class C drivers licence.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Paul Cullen on (02) 9376 8***.Additional information
- Position: Asset Engineer - Graduate
- Pay Rate: $35 - $45 Per Hour + Super
- 6 Month Contact - Possible extension