At IAG, our purpose is to make your world a safer place. We are customer led and data driven and believe we have important responsibilities to enable the communities and people we service to be safer, stronger and more confident. In order to deliver on this purpose, we expect our people to demonstrate the IAG Spirit, take reasonable care for their Health & Safety and to celebrate and respect diversity in all its forms.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The purpose of the role is to support the Group Operational Risk & Assurance team (Operational Risk, Fraud & Corruption, IT Risk, Assurance, Financial Crime and Operational Resilience) to provide independent 2nd Line specialist oversight, challenge and advice across the Group Operational Risk Framework, Fraud & Corruption Framework and Business Continuity Framework. Working collaboratively to enhance processes which foster a risk aware culture through the consistent interpretation and application of the Frameworks and associated policies.
Your Key Accountabilities:
Experiences, Capabilities & Qualifications
- Provide independent specialist second line oversight, challenge and advice to further mature and embed Group level Operational Risk frameworks.
- Working collaboratively across the Group Operational Risk team to inform and recommend changes to Group Operational Risk Frameworks, Policies and Procedures.
- Design & implement oversight approaches as required to ensure appropriate control measures are in place
- Provide independent oversight regarding the strength of the relevant control environments and alignment with approved Risk Appetite, including the development and maintenance of a consist set of controls and KRI's (& RAS metrics) across the Group.
- Identify Group-wide themes, insights, emerging risks, incidents and issues to inform valuable discussions with Business Risk Advisors to ensure a coordinated and effective response
- Challenge the status quo by identifying, recommending and implementing changes to simplify and enhance business processes
- Undertake continuous monitoring to identify gaps in the quality of risk data, (including Risk Profiles, Controls and Action tracking), making recommendations to ensure the consistency, validity and integrity of data can be relied upon for aggregation, monitoring, assessment and reporting across the Group.
- Develop key documents and presentation packs for Group Operational Risk including: risk aggregation, scenario analysis, crisis simulations and other workshops, taking minutes of meetings when required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Risk Management or a related Risk discipline in first and/or second line roles
- Experience in the implementation of Risk Frameworks in a Financial Services business (Insurance, Banking, Superannuation)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven relationship/stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated business acumen with the ability to translate risk theory into practical application which supports uplift in risk maturity
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across broader groups to deliver desired outcomes
- Experience in project delivery, change programs or similar
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate degrees or other qualifications required to perform the role at a fully competent level
- Financial services (General insurance) industry experience - preferably large multi-jurisdiction/international and cross regulated organisations
- Experience in Operational Risk, Compliance or Regulatory Assurance
- Project Management including developing and maintaining a project plan
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications Close 16th Janaury 2020
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.