J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank isa global leader across banking, markets, securities services and asset andwealth management. The world's most important corporations, governments,financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states andmunicipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a fullsuite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategicadvice, raising capital, managing risk and extending liquidity in marketsaround the world.
In Australia, J.P. Morgan is one of the fewfull-service and fully-integrated financial institutions. Credit Risk Management houses the bank'sinternal credit experts who provide transaction execution and ongoingmanagement of the bank's credit exposure portfolio. The team covers activitiesof the bank that give rise to credit risk across multiple products. The Primary Credit coverage for a portfolioof Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds and Asset Managers domiciled in Australia &New Zealand, with supporting coverage for ex-Australia counterparties.
Your keyresponsibilities will include:
- Primary Credit Officer for a portfolio ofAustralian / New Zealand Hedge Funds and Asset Managers, acting as the mainpoint of contact for all Lines of Businesses. Maintain primary responsibility for the management of the on-goingcredit relationship by assigning internal rating, recommending credit appetiteand critically assessing the output of risk measures to determineappropriateness given specific client circumstances
- Lead client due diligence meetings,transaction structuring / execution and oversee negotiation ofdocumentation. Review and approvetrading activity, including recommending margin requirements as well asstructural enhancements
- Be responsive and constructive with colleaguesin the Business / Legal. Build effective client partnerships, both internallyand externally. Ensure that the Business' priorities are understood, challengedand managed
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Hedge Fund /Asset Manager investment strategies and risks inherent to them, includingwillingness and ability to train analysts day-to-day
- Manage one junior resource, including careerdevelopment and resolution of specific development areas. Manage own workloadand analyst's workload, delegate with appropriate guidance and ensure deadlinesare understood and met
- Work closely with NA / EMEA Creditcounterparts to maintain a consistent global coverage model
To besuccessful you will need:
- Strong credit / risk analysis skills, with creditexperience (3 - 5 years) in conducting diligence on Hedge Funds, Asset Managersor Financial Institutions obtained in a corporate or investment bank
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Finance or arelated field. Relevant post graduate qualifications (e.g. CFA, Masters ofFinance) would be highly regarded
- Experience in (or has the ability to) lead in-depthclient credit due diligence both in person & on the telephone
- A good knowledge of flow and exotic derivatives(both bilateral and OTC cleared), Prime Brokerage and Clearing Services,Securities Financing and associated documentation (ISDA/CSA/GMRA/ClearingAgreements etc)
- Understanding of the theory behind the risk andreturn metrics (VaR, Stress, MTM, DV01, other relevant risk sensitivities), includingcritical assessment of shortcomings / strengths of various measures / methods
- Knowledge of the Hedge Fund and Asset Managementindustry, fund strategies and risks inherent to them, financial markets(including macro and micro economics) is a strong positive
- Strong interpersonal and communicationskills. Be able to establish credibility / trust with both internal andexternal stakeholders. High level of intellectual curiosity.
We areopen to conversations about flexible working for this position. This couldrange from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formalFlexible Work Arrangement.
J.P.Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workingenvironment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud toachieve Bronze Employer status in the 2019 Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI). If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you toadvise us at time of application.