Casual Teachers - Delivering In Visual Arts & Digital Screen...
As a Casual Teacher, you will provide professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learners, the organisations that employ them and the communities they serve.
Focusing on excellence in learner support, teaching delivery and learning assessment, your key accountabilities will be to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners
- Develop and deliver planned teaching sessions in a variety of innovative and adaptive ways, using technology, including Moodle, to engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as employers, schools and other education providers to explore pathway options for learners as required
- Implement the Institute’s Educational Excellence Framework across all teaching and learning practice
- Maintain professional development by ensuring educational currency and excellence and actively participating in the development of own annual professional development plan in line with Institute practices and policies
You will have relevant tertiary qualification in:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or qualifications that meet the minimun 2015 RTO Standards
- Vocational qualifications at a minimum AQF level 4 such as:
- Certificate IV in Screen and Media
- Certificate IV in Visual Arts
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
In addition to the above tertiary qualifications, you will have vocational expertise in the following areas:
- Design/Graphic Design
- Visual Arts, Sculpture & Digital Skills
Crucial to your success will be a strong understanding of contemporary approaches education, teaching and learning. A proven track record in design and delivery of up to-date and engaging programs in conjunction with the ability to motivate and guide students to optimise their learning outcomes. You will have the ability to quickly develop rapport with students and colleagues from a diverse background in a collaborative and innovative environment. As well as have a firm understanding of educational administration tools and practices.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close am Monday 13th Janaury 2020.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Michelle Crotty, Education Manager – Art & Design on +613 9212 4740.
Please Note: Chisholm Institute is closed from the 21st December until the 2nd January 2020.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.