Vehicle Logistics Officer
Veolia Australia & New Zealand (Veolia) is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions.
With the global expertise gained from serving the environment for more than 150 years, Veolia operates in more than 40 countries around the world, with well over a hundred sites and approximately 4000 employees in Australia.
Veolia, being at the centre of this century’s biggest challenges, offers opportunities to make a difference, for your career and also for the environment and our community. In Australia and New Zealand, Veolia works with heavy industry, retail and commercial businesses, governments and communities to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow.
An opportunity has arisen to join our Operations team as a Vehicle Logistics Officer based out of Shepparton. Reporting to the Depot Manager, you will be the first point of contact for our waste truck drivers as well as assist with customer enquiries as they arise.
Key Responsibilities Include:
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Scheduling, routing and generation of driver runs
- Liaison with customers and drivers and provide assistance where required
- Conducting daily debriefs with Drivers
- Encouraging a culture of safety and communication
- Departmental KPI reporting
- Compliance reporting in line with regulatory requirements
- Responding to operational issues in the field in a timely & safe manner
- Assisting the customer service and operations teams where required
- Build key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong people skills, including a strong ability to communicate and negotiate
- A commitment to customer service
- Drive and resilience
- Advanced computer skills
- Work well under pressure
- Strong time management skills
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- A sound knowledge of Regional Victoria
- A strong focus on health and safety
- A background in logistics and planning is desired and highly advantageous
This position presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-minded individual with a genuine desire to succeed. In return for your skills, experience and commitment we provide you with full on the job training, a great working environment and a chance to gain experience within a global organisation.
As part of our usual recruitment process applicants may be requested to undergo pre-employment testing, police checks and a medical examination, including drug and alcohol testing.
If you feel you would be suited to this role please click the "Apply now" button.
Veolia is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity and we encourage female and Indigenous applicants to apply. To view Veolia's Reconciliation Action Plan please visit: www.veolia.com.au/rap