Bid Coordinator - Melbourne
Are you a creative, energetic communicator with a proven track record of 5+ years in bid development and coordination?
One of Australia’s leading architectural design studios is on the hunt for a new Bid Coordinator to join our growing national Business Development team based in our Melbourne Studio. This role is perfectly suited to someone motivated and meticulous, who can produce high-quality new business proposals, bid documents and tender responses in a dynamic team environment.
Who is Architectus?
Architectus is an innovative design company providing comprehensive design and management services in architecture, interior architecture, urban design and urban planning. With a team of approximately 380, the company continues to experience exciting growth and expansion with projects across the education, commercial + workplace, residential, public, aviation and rail + infrastructure sectors.
Architectus is well known for our collaborative approach to strategic design and is committed to thoroughly understanding our clients’ needs, applying research, experience and technology to develop solutions that are functional and elegant.
Working at Architectus is an integrated, balanced and overwhelmingly positive experience for all employees. With various social events, community development and environmental initiatives, career progression and personal development programs, you will relish the community-driven atmosphere and holistic approach to work and life. To find out more about what it’s like to work at Architectus, here’s a video of the team: Working at Architectus video
The Bid Coordinator is primarily responsible for the planning, management and production of new business submissions, capability documents, bid documents and tender submissions and helping support strategic business development initiatives. The role is based in our Melbourne studio, but works as part of a broader national business development team.
- Coordinate the bid preparation process from inception through to delivery.
- Interpret client briefs and identify and source the best content and knowledge to support the bid.
- Develop high quality desktop published bids using established InDesign templates against brand guidelines.
- Contribute, edit, produce and proof well written, accurate and persuasive bids.
- Liaise with a diverse range of teams and subconsultants to coordinate, manage and develop content as required working within tight bid timeframes.
- Assist in developing bid strategies and content development workshops with project teams, working with other BD team members.
- Work in a collaborative team environment, liaising effectively across the national Architectus group.
- Assist with the capture and management of documentation through NewForma and sharepoint knowledge repositories.
- Coordinate the production of bids including printing, binding and delivery.
- Demonstrate initiative to leverage bid material across the business and strive for continual improvement of bid processes.
CRM, Knowledge and Practice Management
- Help update our CRM database with respect to prospects, projects and client/ contact details.
- Maintain/ build on knowledge library identifying and capturing useful information for reuse.
- Assist with updating marketing material used in submissions including project sheets, CVs, sector credentials and image resources as required.
- Assist with group-wide Knowledge Management initiatives.
- Assist the National BD Manager and BDL with Architectus Quality Management procedures (AMS) including Project Registration, Shall We Submit, Proposal Review, Win/No Win Review.
- Support broader BD & local initiatives e.g. panel management, research, client engagement etc.
The team at Architectus looks forward to welcoming someone with:
- Evident confidentiality and professionalism with a proven ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes.
- Strong client service ethos, proactive and can-do attitude.
- Initiative to autonomously manage workloads and ability to work flexibly, under pressure and to multiple tight deadlines.
- A collaborative approach and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, coupled with organisation, interpersonal skills and a consultative approach.
- A willingness and desire to learn.
- A sound understanding of bid processes preferred; including procurement, interpreting briefs, tendering protocols, client focused writing etc.
- Experience in design consultancy preferred.
- High level verbal and written communication skills including ability to proof and edit content from others with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience in related creative industries desirable.
- Technical and software skills with experience using In-Design (Advanced), Photoshop, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft suite. Note - Indesign is our standard product for deliverables.
Benefits at Architectus
Architectus is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mentoring Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Flu vaccinations
- Active wellness program
- Recuperation Time
- Working Remotely and Flexible Working options
If you feel that you would be well-suited to this role, please get in touch by clicking the apply button. Note; applications must be submitted via our careers page to be accepted.
Eligibility to apply for this position requires an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.