Manager, Corporate Finance
There’s never been a better time to be at AGL
It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We’re renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That’s what we call progress. To achieve it, we’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
The role is within the Group Planning & Analysis team which provides insights and support to a broad range of stakeholders across AGL.
The role of Manager, Corporate Finance is to support the commercial finance team in executing best practice modelling. You will deliver insights and guidance on emerging trends and growth opportunities through financial modelling and analysis that develop and influence AGL’s strategy.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Review and provide sign-off on select financial models prepared by the Corporate Finance team and other parts of AGL (including all financial models presented to Investment Committee). Models should reflect best practice and be based on similar assumptions
- Partner with AGL’s Commercial Finance, Wholesale Markets’ Finance and business peers in the development of bespoke financial models for investment cases
- Develop best practice financial modelling policies and assist with adherence to policies
- Assist in the development and execution of training in relation to best practice modelling across AGL to ensure consistency of modelling and assumptions
- Assist with the refinement of AGL’s long term enterprise model including key assumptions
- Work with the Group FP&A team to review and challenge Budget and Forecast assumptions presented by AGL business units, including electricity and gas price outlooks
- Review, refine and take ownership of externally developed financial models
- Assist in the review and refinement of capital allocation policies and benchmarks
- Deliver insights to project teams supported by robust financial analysis that influences and aids in the formulation of their strategy
- Engage effectively with senior management, GM for Corporate Finance, Finance Leadership Team, and CFO
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior management and board covering acquisitions, divestments and new business initiatives, including calculation of key financial metrics
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce or economics
- Post graduate qualifications (CA/CPA/CFA, MBA)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with and present to senior managers and executives
- A personal code of confidentiality and integrity
- Proven ability to lead teams and perform in pressure environments
- Industry experience preferred
- Highly numerate and commercially aware
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Able to build and navigate through complex financial models
- Advanced Excel working knowledge
- Strong understanding of valuation methodologies and key financial metrics
- Ability to test and challenge assumptions and incorporate scenario testing into financial analysis
- A good understanding of accounting and tax concepts and their impact on valuation
- Accurate and details focused whilst being able to simultaneously understand the “big picture”
- Organisational and project management skills to effectively manage the challenges of simultaneous projects
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we’re continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges. We’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we’ll bring progress to life.
At AGL, we’re committed to diversity and inclusion, so we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Click the “Apply” button to submit your application.