Finance Business Process Improvement Partner Group Operation...
It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We’re renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That’s what we call progress. To achieve it, we’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent – and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
AGL has recently completed the implementation of SAP S/4HANA across its business which provides a step change in how Finance will operate, analyse and report financial information.
As a result, we currently have a 6 month fixed-term opportunity for a Finance Business Process Improvement Partner - Group Operations to drive continuous improvement, process optimisation and user adoption of new tools and ways of working to ensure we maximise the value from our investment within the Group Operations area.
This role will be the liaison point between Group Operations Finance and the Corporate Transformation area. The remit extends across people, process and technology transformation and creates exciting opportunities to deliver real value to Finance and AGL.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Be a business partner to the stakeholders/virtual teams in Group Operations, Corporate and IT. Understand stakeholder expectations, priorities and challenges in relation to systems/processes and support the stakeholders/virtual teams to be successful
- Drive system and process improvement with Group Operations virtual teams whilst keeping in mind the AGL Governance, Policy and Procedure
- Coach the virtual teams on the work required, methodologies to employ and areas to be aware of. Monitor the progress of the virtual teams to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time
- Contribute to ideation workshops across Group Operations Finance to identify pain points, and opportunities for a step change in business and systems processes and reporting capabilities
- Provide advice and support to the Transformation Leads in continuous improvement delivery
- Partner with process areas outside of Finance to ensure end to end process excellence
- Support the Finance Change & Talent Lead to maintain training materials, deliver training on delivered initiatives, and generate communications and other change activities
- Maintain process documentation and other related artefacts
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Experience in Finance/Projects
- Project management experience/qualifications desirable
- Finance CPA/CA qualification or working towards
- Experience influencing teams not directly under your control.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including partner providers .
- Achievement and Improvement oriented, with a can-do attitude
- SAP S4/HANA Systems user experience and a good understanding of systems processes, configuration and testing. Ideally including SAP FICO, BW, BPC, Project Systems, Assets and Investment Management. Ability to learn other systems quickly and identify points of interconnection from both a data and process perspective a must
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems and process risks and controls, as well as data governance principles
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, and a collaborative work style
- Process focus and a proven ability to drive efficiency in processes
- Analytical approach with a passion for problem solving
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTI+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Click the “Apply” button to submit your application now!