Community Partnerships Officer (Identified)
The position will be based at Nundah, Regional Office servicing state schools on the North side of Brisbane.
The role will focus on:
- Support of schools and communities to develop, implement and monitor appropriate programs which raise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community awareness and participation in educational decision making processes, contributing to the development of local community awareness, promoting a comprehensive school community profile.
- Facilitating stakeholder and reference groups to support community development programs and networks that meet the needs of the school encouraging partnerships with community service agencies and community leaders.
- Consulting with networks, on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander educational issues, assisting school community groups, peak bodies and regional teams with advice and strategies for effective participation in education and access to information, resources and services.
- Providing advice and feedback to regional teams on current school and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community issues, contributing to effective consultation and decision making processes.
- Promoting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education through Closing the Gap and Solid Partners- Solid Futures Education Strategies to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parents and community members.
- Supporting schools and communities to develop and introduce strategies in the context of school based management, to achieve the objectives of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Action Plan and the Closing the Gap Education Strategy.
- Identifying community training and development needs based on effective community profiling, and coordinate the delivery of appropriate programs to communities, aimed at supporting the development of Community Contacts and local school and community partnership agreements.
The Community Partnership officer reports directly to the Regional Manager Indigenous Education Unity.
A requirement of this role is:
For this position, it is a genuine occupational requirement that it be filled by an Aboriginal person or a Torres Strait Islander person as set out in Section 7 of the Anti Discrimination Act 1991 for the purposes contained in Section 25 of that Act.
To apply please attach the following:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.