Accounts Receivable Officer
Job no: 493264
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
- Process Accounts Receivable for National and Regional offices in a timely manner. Additionally this role is required to process a high volume of receipts, invoices, credit notes, cheques, debtor maintenance, debtor enquiries and enter debtor related journals.
- Perform reconciliation of accounts, bank statements and debtors on a monthly basis
- Investigate and resolve unusual or irregular transactions
- Review accounts receivable to ensure all deposits are receipted and cleared
- Print the debtor’s reconciliation report and balance to the general ledger
- Review transactions to ensure correct calculation, coding and processing
- Complete compliance reviews of monthly debtors against outstanding invoices.
- Provide periodic reporting and analysis to stakeholders
- Assist with database maintenance and filing
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in Accounts Receivable including experience in high volume processing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and to deliver high quality outcomes within agreed timeframes.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory environment for areas of business responsibility.
- Ability to support organisation-wide initiatives that support Life Without Barriers’ Purpose and Values.
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies and Government agencies.
- Excellent written communication skills for the creation of reports, correspondence and other material.
- A keen eye for detail and an ability to work independently
- Strong verbal communication skills and presentation ability.
- Join one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Great team dynamic within a transforming organisation
- Permanent Full Time position, monthly RDO’s
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight Sunday 19th January, 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: 06 Jan 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Jan 2020 23:55 AUS Eastern Daylight Time