Founded in 1955, we are a leading civil engineering contracting company in WA. Over time we have established an excellent reputation and a strong presence in the industry in Civil Construction, and Mining Services. We are well known for offering our clients innovative solutions based on the latest technology.
Benefits & Culture
We have an inspiring management team that fosters a company culture that values its people and provides a down to earth environment.
We aim to be recognised as an “employer of choice” and can offer the following perks:
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. We can offer tailored professional development pathways to support your growth
- Extremely high staff retention
- Private health discounts
- Monthly rewards and recognition program
- Industry leading ongoing training
About the opportunity
This is a permanent full time position. Our current portfolio comprises of Land Development and Civil Infrastructure in the Perth metro area and Civil works on remote mine sites.
Supervising land sub division contracts to ensure project delivery and manage multiple sites in a highly complex environment. Your ability to manage your team will be vital to your success.
You will monitor ongoing construction to ensure that the work is being done correctly, efficiently and the project stays on schedule. Focusing on site level management including assessing hazards, determining risks, conducting regular inspections and maintaining a safety program.
- Monitor all contractual obligations and ensure they are being met;
- Liaise with the Project Management team to ensure that the necessary technical support and information is provided to meet the production schedule;
- Ensure that all sub-contractors manage their scope of works according to the construction program;
- Provide recommendations to the project management team regarding any necessary variations to the work to ensure that the production targets are met;
- In response to the Workshop Manager requirements, facilitate the machine maintenance to ensure minimal disturbance to site activities, report any issues immediately;
- Assist in the management of Mobile Plant Operators professional development;
- Plan and conduct daily prestart meetings prior to shift commencement and ensure all site personnel are involved and there is a high level of engagement. Address all concerns that are raised and communicate all issues relative to the site and daily works; and
- Review, monitor and complete all required site permits and ensure they remain valid and fit for purpose.
Skills & Requirements
- 5 years’ experience in a supervision role within the construction industry or a related field;
- High level of organisational skills to build successful teams for completion of project tasks;
- Solid understanding of the building code, safety guidelines and regulations addressing construction projects;
- Strong understanding of construction equipment for inspection, operation and maintenance;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to multitask while watching over different teams and activities; and
- Exhibiting calmness and diplomacy to ease tensions when conflicts and problems arise.
- Negotiating contracts with vendors, contractors and sub-contractors; and
To express your interest please apply via SEEK.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will NOT be accepted - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.