Financial Accountant (R1111719)
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our finance team located in our Sydney office. You will be part of a highly visible and interactive team, where you will be responsible for performing accounting tasks of a difficult nature which will require an experienced professional with knowledge of accounting principles and practices, following general instructions and with discretion as to work details.
- Performs monthly close process through the preparation of journal entries, maintenance of complex ledgers, and preparation of account reconciliations.
- Provides specialized or general analysis support in various accounting functions.
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
- Prepares financial statements and assists with completion of the annual statutory audit.
- Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems.
- Assists with maintaining a strong control environment and improving procedures and controls.
- Prepares complex federal, local or state reports and tax returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance required with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of work experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles and concepts.
- Strong internal and external customer service orientation.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization including senior level management.
- Proficient with excel and ability to apply complex formula to tasks. Knowledge of PeopleSoft or Oracle is advantageous.
- High level of personal motivation and a results-oriented approach.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment with minimal supervision. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to work and adapt to different foreign cultures.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1111719