Senior Research Analyst
- Full time permanent role based in the CBD (near Martin Place)
- Working in a small team on large global projects across infrastructure
- Paying a salary between $160 - 196k + super (dependant on experience)
- Working with senior officials globally (from private and government sectors) whilst attending international meetings and conferences
- Strong commitment and focus on L&D, where they have a good budget for external training
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus possible additional days gifted over Xmas
- Flexible hours can be arranged (family friendly)
- The organisation is implementing a number of generous leave provisions in 2020 including;
- Volunteer leave day, personal passion leave day, study leave, fertility treatment leave, compassionate leave and up to 14 weeks paid maternity leave.
- Working for a global infrastructure agency, which is part of a large group of multinational organisations.
- They work with public & private sectors globally to increase the flow and quality of infrastructure projects around the world. They share data, knowledge and leading practices, and help the public and private sectors work more closely to deliver crucial public infrastructure projects.
Purpose of the role
- To identify, define and lead various research & analysis requirements for various internal projects/divisions.
- To become and act as the subject matter expert for the projects you are deployed to, ensuring new information and avenues of investigation are considered in the context of the project deliverables.
- To mentor the Analysts, by allocating research tasks to work on and reviewing their output.
Duties of the role
Research & Analysis;
- Identify, scope and plan out recommended research topics & analysis methodologies for each project.
- Undertake high-level qualitative and quantitative research & analysis.
- Derive insights, trends and recommendations based on outcomes from own and Analyst's work.
- Collate and synthesise all research outputs for projects, including written, numerical, digital, visual etc, to ensure all insights are captured.
- Provide day-to-day direction, guidance and coaching to 2 Analysts
- Ensure Analysts understand the context into which their contributions are assigned;
- Providing feedback on their contribution & performance by proactively reviewing and adjusting project plans
- Responsible for reviewing the Analysts findings/output, acting as an Analytical editor to ensure quality.
- Act as a mentor and coach to the Analysts, proactively sharing learning's and best practices to support their development.
- Work with Project Managers on the development of project plans and master project schedules.
- Including identifying resource requirements and agreeing delivery timelines/milestones.
- Proactively providing updates on emerging and/or evolving avenues of research & analysis, assisting in the revision of project plans when required.
- Act as primary 'problem solver' to answer the questions posed by the Project Manager (and those which arise during the course of the project).
- Prepare progress and status reports regarding the research & analysis work undertaken.
- Identify and recommend resources, systems and subscriptions required to enable access to necessary and accurate information.
To be successful, you must have:
- Post-Graduate Qualifications and/or significant research and analysis working experience.
- Demonstrated superior and sophisticated functional expertise in research and analysis techniques, methodologies and approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess and recommend research & analysis resourcing requirements against project briefs.
- The ability to interpret, distil and articulate complex concepts and data in accessible and meaningful communications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Intermediate-to-advanced Microsoft office skills (especially in Excel and Access).
- The ability to guide and coach others in research and analysis techniques and methodologies.
- ** a background in infrastructure (not IT infrastructure) is highly beneficial.
The organisation would like to interview suitable candidates mid January, so please APPLY NOW.