Collaroy Plateau Public School (630 students),is a dynamic and diverse school with a strong focus on providing a quality education for all students. The school has a dedicated and experienced staff committed to educational innovation and excellence, with high expectations for both student participation and achievement. The staff and parent community work in partnership to support a variety of highly successful extracurricular programs.
In addition to the general selection criteria, approval to teach infants and/or primary teacher with evidence of the ability to lead and model through exemplary curriculum knowledge and quality teaching practice.
An open, visible and approachable leader with outstanding organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, who empowers staff and builds positive, authentic relationships with all members of the school community.
Demonstrated ability to work as a member of the school executive team to enhance a culture of high expectations for staff performance and student achievement, and deliver quality, differentiated professional learning.
Proven ability to lead effective assessments and data analysis to implement and evaluate whole school programs.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the
at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.