Records Manager / Archivist
Job Search / Other
Records Manager / Archivist
New South Wales
Daily Rate- $600 + superannuation
about 6 hours ago
Talent International are currently recruiting for a Records Manager / Senior Archivsit to join one of our state government organisations based in Sydney CBD. This position is a contract to start asap and currently approved till 30th June with a possibility of being extended. This position is paying $600 per day plus superannuation.
About the role:
There are a diverse range of record management systems that have been used in government and replaced and updated over the last two or so decades. Some systems are no longer in use and there are legacy files that remain within outdated systems that need to be amalgamated into a current system. This role is to review the existing resource and to develop a strategy and implementation program to bring all the organisatioms information and systems into a functional system and propose and delivery a system that 'future proofs' the records management and archives systems for future change.
- Review and prepare management strategy to update and for ongoing management the organisations records and archives that relate to heritage and history projects for lands
- Register, retrieve and archive files in a records management system.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders.
- Undertake general records management duties including manual handling of archive boxes.
- Accurate data entry and general database management.
- Work on ad-hoc records projects.
- Assisting in providing records management advice and support to stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service and ability to balance often competing objectives and to self-manage workload and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary heritage and strategic planning team.
- Experience in managing a diverse range of records and archives and knowledge and skills to review, recommend and delivery appropriate management strategies for the organisations resource and develop and deliver its implementation.
- Develop archives and records management wide approach and policies and guidelines to establish and delivery on best practice records and archives management for Place Management NSW.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and clients who require access to Place management records and archives.
- Previous experience in heritage asset management and strategic heritage management for government owned and/or managed heritage assets.
- Trained in, or able to adapt to, software such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 365, One Note, as well as NSW Government record keeping software Trim/ RMW and Objective.
- Tertiary qualification in records management, librarianship, archivist or similar preferred.
- Membership, or eligibility for membership, of relevant professional association/s.
If you can demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9*** for a comfidential discussion.