People And Capability Manager
Lead the People and Capability function for this highly regarded Mining Services provider with multiple client operations across the East Coast of Australia.
They are one of the current success stories of the Australian mining industry and have a strong track record of success over the last 25 years. Their plans include long term continued growth and development within existing and new client projects.
This is a key position for our client and the successful candidate will lead the team responsible for the management of the human resources functions across the regions mining operations. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, key outcomes for the position include:
- Development and implementation of a fully unified organisational culture strategy to drive high performance and employee engagement
- Oversee your team in the review and development of relevant HR policies and procedures
- Oversee and manage a range of performance and employee issues
- Supporting the leadership team by providing strategies to support business improvement
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to deliver key HR projects and initiatives.
- Lead your team to provide generalist HR advice and support to stakeholders at all levels
- Provide expert advice and support in the development and implementation of operational solutions and approaches to workforce challenges and opportunities.
The successful individual will be a suitably qualified Human Resources Professional with solid management experience. You will ideally have exposure to mining and or mining services companies, but essential is your direct workforce engagement ability and experience. You will be a strong communicator and have the ability and desire to keep your team informed of progress and outcomes. Your demonstrated work ethic and ability to directly engage stakeholders at a site level will be essential for success in this position.
Other key competencies include:
- Minimum 5-8 years post graduate experience
- The ability to provide strategic direction
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Strong communication skills with both management and operational teams
- Proven experience in implementing human resources best practices.
This position offers the opportunity to join a growth orientated, low cost operator with a strong balance sheet on a permanent basis. The successful individual will be offered an attractive salary package, the opportunity to lead and guide a team and be an integral part of the Brisbane based leadership team and site-based management teams.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of the business. For a confidential discussion call Lindsay Craig 08 9426 1***
Unfortunately, we are only able to consider people with appropriate and relevant experience, and who are either Australian Permanent Residents or have the necessary permits to work in Australia.