- You will assist Council lawyers in the conduct of legal proceedings on behalf of Council in all Local, State and Federal courts.
- You will provide interpretation and application of legislation to inform and draft Council Policy.
- You will facilitate legislative and policy compliance; to provide cost effective and transparent decision making; and to protect and advance Council and the community’s interests.
- You will provide professionally sound draft legal advice and analysis to Council lawyers and relevant managers.
- You will undertake research and consultation for drafting of preparatory documentation for all legal matters.
- You will embed the preferred organisational culture to maximise the capacity of the organisation to meet the needs of the community and ensuring improved community confidence in Council.