Global Merchant Services (GMS) is the merchant network of American Express which acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants around the world who welcome American Express Branded cards. Reporting into the Acquisition Manager, the Business Analyst will support the GMS Acquisition team by providing insights and analytics to achieve business goals.
The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the Acquisition team as well as a range of internal and external stakeholders (both local and international) to help the business drive profitability, growth and new business.
This position is ideally suited to a motivated individual with strong analytics experience in financial services who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Business Analytics: Create reporting and insights to support the Acquisition team to optimise the portfolio. Develop a detailed understanding of business needs to deliver data solutions and analysis (including presentations) that will facilitate data-driven decisions for the business.
• Projects: Support the development of key business initiatives. This may include analysis to drive strategic decisions, support on coverage strategy reporting and proactively identifying and leading process improvements. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to improve the quality and automation of dashboards and reporting.
• Performance Tracking: Work closely with the Acquisition and Planning & Reporting teams to support target setting, forecasting and measuring of sales performance.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science or other data related degrees.
• Knowledge and ability to analyse business problems using Excel/Macro and statistical analysis.
• Strong analytical talent with the ability to leverage analytical techniques and business intelligence tools (e.g.: Tableau, SMART, MIRA) to translate insights and ideas into recommendations.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills, and ability to work to tight deadlines in fast paced environments.
• Attention to detail and a high level of quality and accuracy in work practices.
Along with having the above experience, you will be a strong team player, self-motivated, have a positive and flexible attitude and be comfortable working with various stakeholders across the business.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Why American Express?
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.