Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Due to an internal promotion, we are now looking for an outstanding medical devices sales professional to join our established coronary business in the Vascular division.
Based in VIC and reporting to Regional Sales manager, this role sits with a supportive team and would suit someone who loves taking the ownership of their territory.
You would be responsible to manage the assigned territory assuring consistent sales growth and achievement of sales goals and targets by identifying opportunities and gaining new business and market share while maintaining existing business
Right winning attitude, a drive for success and dedication to our customers and patients would be the key to success for the successful candidate.
In your new role you shall be responsible to:
• Meet customer education and in-service requirements as agreed with Abbott Sales Representative or Manager and be available to respond to customers during business hours. Attendance at Abbott Sales Conferences may be required from time to time.
• Develop new business opportunities with existing and potential clients.
• Monitor market trends and competitor activity in assigned territory.
• Maintain close relationships with key accounts, and ensure their requirements are being met by the company’s products where possible. Appraise current and planned customer needs and advise on the application of company products and services to customer requirements.
• Conduct education on behalf of Abbott within Cardiac, Vascular & Radiology Catheterisation Labs & associated wards and personnel.
• Represent Abbott in a professional manner that aligns with Company image, ensuring activities comply with legal and ethical standards.
What makes you a successful candidate:
• Prior experience selling vascular devices would be highly regarded
• Prior Medical Device selling would be highly advantageous
• Excellent communication skills
• Degree level preferred in a science discipline or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Demonstrated history of over-achieving sales targets
• Ability to quickly absorb clinical information
What’s in it for you?
You would be a part of a team that’s constantly achieving new heights and setting new standards to ensure our customers live life to the fullest. With plenty of opportunities to develop and grow yourself as a professional, this is the place to be if you are looking for a career and not just another job.
Abbott provides some fantastic benefits for our employees, these include:
• Flexible working arrangements
• On-going training and development opportunities
• Discounted Healthcare
• Discounted Shares program
• AND…..Lots, lots more
Abbott is committed to building a diverse workforce that values diversity across gender, age, culture, disability and lifestyle.
We ask that recruiters respect our internal recruitment process and PSA panel, and refrain from contacting us, or referring candidates to this role.