Concierge Building Manager
Civium Property Group's building management portfolio is growing, and we're looking for a Concierge Building Manager to join our team with an expected start date of early March 2020.
This position will be based in the Canberra CBD; starting salary will be commensurate with experience. A full-time, permanent role of 38 hours/week, hours of coverage will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, with the final distribution of work hours yet to be determined; potential for occasional weekend hours.
Although part of a larger team, the Concierge Building Manager will work in a solo environment. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to demonstrate commitment, loyalty, and an ability to maintain enthusiasm working alone. Being customer-centric is of utmost importance.
Duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Waste management including moving recycling bins from upper floors to bin room; rotating hoppers under the chute(s); preparation of hoppers on collection days;
- Management of cleaning contractors;
- First point of contact for all buyers regarding building matters;
- First point of contact for all utilities, maintenance, ISP companies, etc., regarding access to rooms, cupboards and electrical panels;
- Management of lift blankets for removalists; coordination of lift services for move-in’s and vacates.
- Desk duties including passive monitoring of security and understanding who belongs on site;
- Welcoming guests;
- With prior owner approval, provision of keys for family, friends and tradespeople;
- Receiving, filing, and storing larger parcels, groceries, meal packages, etc.;
- Managing dry cleaning contract collection and pick-up with contracted company;
- Repository of all building functions.
- Primary point of contact for residents for anything building-related; provision of personal assistance when necessary.
To be successful in this role, a candidate should possess the following skills, experience or attributes:
- Previous concierge, hotel or hospitality experience.
- Previous experience in building management; strata management highly regarded.
- High level understanding of WHS regulations.
- Excellent customer service and people management skills; willingness to help others.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Quick to respond to emergencies, adapt to change, and be a lateral thinker.
If this sounds like your next job opportunity, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your application of interest for consideration.