Regulatory Compl Anlyst Sr Stf
Regulatory Compl Anlyst Sr Stf
Lockheed Martin is a dynamic, growing, and energetic organisation offering stimulating, challenging work at the forefront of technology with over 100,000 staff globally. We are engineering a better tomorrow.
Your responsibilities will include:
Based in our Tokyo’s office, the Regulatory Compliance Analyst Sr Staff will be a position within the Import/Export Control function and will:
- Interface with Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders and other service providers.
- Assist in the identification, obtainment and execution of all required licensing and permits.
- Provide regulatory guidance and oversight to company personnel on import/export issues.
- Act in advisory role as liaison between Core Traffic, International Trade Compliance, Procurement, Global Sustainment, Program Management and others.
- Responsible to monitor upcoming changes to import/export regulatory requirements and proactively develop operating plans to support compliance.
- Represent Lockheed Martin compliance interests before internal tribunals, Japan Customs, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and external partners.
- Audit, analyze, and document accuracy of information to ensure business practices and records are in strict adherence to Japan Customs and OGA rules and regulations.
- Maintain and conduct audits of export transactions to affirm internal controls in areas including classification, recordkeeping, value, origin, OGA, licensing, etc. Implement any necessary corrective actions to any audit findings.
The qualification, skills, experience and abilities you will bring include (but not limited to):
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college in a related discipline of equivalent experience/combined education, with 10-15 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Experienced with Japanese export/import regulatory requirements associated military products.
- A level of knowledge that allows for the establishment of robust procedures that deliver executable solutions across core functions and programs.
- Expertise in supply chain management, freight forwarding and export regulatory compliance.
- Knowledgeable in Dangerous Goods/Hazardous material shipping regulatory and US ITAR requirement are desirable.
- Employment may be contingent on the satisfactory result of criminal and/or other background screens, which require the collection and transfer of personal information.
- Must have the right to live and work in Japan.
- Be fluent in spoken and written business level Japanese and have excellent English communication skills.
What we offer you:
At Lockheed Martin we value our team and the contribution they make every day. We offer rewarding career pathways working on interesting projects that make a difference, continuous professional development and the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of talented individuals. Other offers (not limited to) such as paid holidays, sick leave and parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what’s right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees’ unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.