Area Manager | Out Of Home Care
ProCare Australia are the leading specialist recruitment agency for the community and social services sector in Australia and expertise in providing Contract, LOCUM and Permanent career opportunities for Not For Profits, NGO's and the Department.
Our client has been operating in Queensland for over 30 years, providing services for children, young people and families.
Our client is seeking an Area Manager for a Permanent Full Time role, located in Ipswich. Due to due growth of the service, this is a newly created role. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
We are seeking an experienced manager with extensive leadership and operational experience.
The Area Manager must possess strong communication, collaboration, networking and stakeholder engagement skills, and a be an expert in the area of Child Protection and Out of Home Care.
- Oversee and manage the Out Of Home Care program for children and young people living in Out of Home Care
- Provide positive and energetic leadership which engages, motivates and develops staff
- Proactively establish and maintain a professional and effective working relationship with the Department and other government or non-government agencies
- Work alongside financial staff to maintain budget compliance
- Provide regular reporting including progress reports, financial documentation and business case
- Participate in local area networks; attend regional meetings, forums, and interagency meetings as required
- Ensure compliance with our clients policies and procedures across the area of responsibility
To be Successful
- Degree Qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or related discipline and significant relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of contemporary child protection issues and issues relating to vulnerable members of the community
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a similar role
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining positive working relationships with key stakeholders to further develop community participation and consultation
- Demonstrated budget management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds with specific reference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities
- Current Qld Driver license or ability to obtain
- Current Working with Children's Check or ability to obtain
- Current Criminal History check or ability to obtain
Salary & Benefits
- $92,000 - $98,000 PA + Super + Salary Sacrifice Options including Vehicle Package
Salary packaging (also known as salary sacrifice) is an arrangement between you and your employer where you pay for some items or services straight from your pre-tax salary. You can salary package computers, cars, childcare and super, for example. This can reduce your taxable income and put more money in your pocket.
Please include a Cover Letter with your application
Find out more about positions available at www.procareaustralia.com.au