Senior Design Engineer
- Design of precast concrete structures for a wide range of applications
- Join the worlds largest building materials company
- Milton QLD based - Career growth and skills enhancement
Holcim has been servicing the infrastructure, construction and mining industries for more than 110 years and employs over 3,000 staff across 300 sites in Australia.
Part of the world's largest construction materials Company, LafargeHolcim, Holcim is leading supplier of concrete, aggregates and precast products.
Our Humes business is the leader in engineered concrete products to the civil construction industry and prides itself on delivering customised solutions.
About the role
The Senior Design Engineer is a key position in our Technical Services team, integral to manufacturing, product and project work throughout Australia. In this role you will be
- Preparing designs to meet all relevant Australian standards using recognised design principles and methods
- Carrying out independent design and drafting checks to minimise errors and maintain quality.
- Checking all design documentation before client submission
- Identifying opportunities for improvement & make constructive suggestions for change.
- Providing technical advice to clients and manufacturing sites
- Carrying out continual reviews of standard Humes products to enhance ease of manufacture, product application and customer requirements.
This role would suit an engineer with a minimum 5 years design experience who is looking to enhance their career with a national leader in precast concrete. You possess
- Structural Engineering degree qualifications, suitable for Chartered Membership of Engineers Australia
- High level analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in computer based analysis packages including FEA
- Proficiency in reinforced concrete design, particularly for civil engineering applications, and an understanding of all relevant Australian design codes. PT concrete design a distinct advantage
- AutoCAD drafting ability (desirable but not essential)
- Exceptional communication skills
- An optimistic and engaging approach to your work
- A positive attitude and appetite for learning
Why join Holcim Australia?
We invest in the development of our people, providing a variety of careers within the company both locally & globally.
We are dedicated to our environment and the communities where we live and work in.
We strive for best practice across our entire business. We are industry leaders in safety management, environmental performance, social responsibility, sales force effectiveness & operational efficiency.