Conference Coordinator VIC/TAS/SA/WA
We are seeking a passionate & enthusiastic Conference Coordinator VIC/TAS/SA/WA to join our conference team in Melbourne.
Based at Mantra on the Park in the CBD and reporting directly to the Conference & Events Sales Manager, we want you to bring your passion, high attention to detail and your ability to manage many balls in the air at one time. You will be responsible for the hands on management of our events – from securing the initial event right through to after the completion of the event.
Part of the conference team, your role will mostly focus on:
- Handling event enquiries and correspondence in relation to client function, preparing proposals and contracts as required.
- Prepare for and conduct client inspections to build ongoing client relationships and secure event business.
- Perform administrative duties including creating and distributing department reports, conducting follow up calls and feedback, invoicing and finalising of accounts etc.
- Communicate with the Event Organiser throughout the event journey and ensure all event orders are detailed and produced to a high standard.
- Communicate all event orders to our operational teams across, liaising directly with Restaurant Managers, Heads Chefs, Front Office Manager & General Managers within these properties.
The successful candidate will have:
- A desire to be an overachiever
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A hands on approach and a can-do attitude
- The ability to work unsupervised and under pressure and excellent time management skills.
In return you will:
- Gain exposure to working for a leading accommodation provider that has endless opportunities to fast track your career
- Work with a fun, dynamic team that has a passion for providing outstanding guest service
- Learn and be mentored from industry professionals
- Have the opportunity to put forward new ideas and processes to improve overall operations
- Discounted rates at over 4,000 hotels, resorts and apartments worldwide.
If you are looking to start a career and develop your skills in a fun, supportive and fast paced environment – this is the role for you!