About Brimbank Libraries
We are a dynamic public library service in the west with over two million visits each year. The libraries are based at Sunshine, St Albans, Deer Park, Sydenham and Keilor.
Our libraries website receives over one million visits per year.
Brimbank Libraries offer a range of services and programs to the community to support lifelong learning, literacy and community development.
About the role
The temporary Project Officer/Website role is upto February 2021 and will work collaboratively to reimagine the Library website.
This role includes front facing customer service and is based at one of our five libraries with rostered shifts, including evenings and weekends.
The role is responsible for:
• End-to-end delivery of high-quality website content, writing, editing and proofing copy to ensure alignment with corporate narrative and key messages
• Develop understandable, actionable content that effectively communicates library services
• Undertake stakeholder engagement and consultation to ensure content meets user and business needs
• Ensure content meets best practice accessibility and readability standards
• Lead, support and motivate others
• Customer service across Library branches, with an ability to share knowledge and support community in the use of technology, including social media, e-resources and mobile devices
Brimbank Libraries is seeking a motivated and collaborative individual who possesses exceptional writing and editing skills to inform, improve user experiences and boost engagement.
You will have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Librarianship, Professional Writing, Publishing & Editing, Journalism, Communications or a related field who; has the ability to thrive working in an environment with constant public contact with people from all backgrounds and age groups.
You are passionate about connecting with community, developing effective content, programming the right messages and themes, determining information hierarchies, and developing user experiences that will inform and increase community engagement with Brimbank Libraries.
What you'll need to succeed
How to apply
Apply online and provide a covering letter, resume and a response to the key selection criteria (these are on the last page of the position description).
All successful candidates must have a Working with Children check and undergo a Police check
Brimbank City Council embraces our diverse community and work environment and encourages applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member