Customer Operations Specialist
Who We Are
Amber Electric is a new kind of electricity company, designed to unlock the value of renewables for everyone. We are kickstarting a smart energy revolution by empowering customers with direct access to wholesale electricity prices, as well as enabling them to shift their energy use to times when cheap wind and solar energy are generating. It is the cheapest way to buy electricity and the fastest way for Australia to reach 100% renewables. We have early customers who love what we’re doing, great investors, and we have just launched to the rest of the National Electricity Market - ready to disrupt a huge market.
As the Customer Operations Specialist you’d be working in a small but growing team, reporting to the Operations and Customer Success Manager and working with the Co-Founders to build Amber’s ambitious vision. You’ll be learning a great deal about how a modern, innovative company engages with its customers, and as your experience grows you’ll take on more responsibility within your team and work in small teams to drive improvements in efficiency and customer experience.
Customer Operations Specialist Responsibilities
- Solving customer problems - both in an adhoc fashion for specific problems over the phone, email and on chat, as well as assisting in the designing and implementing of systemic process improvements to improve the customer experience.
- Working closely with our electricity retail partner to help solve customer problems and deliver a seamless customer experience.
- Working with multiple technology teams (including an external billing system and an internal development team) to ensure we are building systems that work for customers, and not expecting our customers to work for our systems.
- Being the voice of the customer internally - keeping the organization focused on delivering the most important things that matter to our customers.
- Take initiative to suggest ideas on how to improve and streamline internal processes.
- Assist in building out a great Operations and Customer Success team - as the second full-time operations employee, you will play a central role in defining the culture and style of work operations team.
At Amber, we want to hire self-starters who are eager to learn, and are comfortable working in a changing environment. Some of the key traits we are looking for in this role:
- You’re a problem-solver - you embrace challenges, think on your feet and work strategically to find solutions
- You’re a fast learner - you love understanding how things work and why and look for ways to improve
- You’re analytical - you ask the right questions to understand the bigger picture and create insight from the information available
- You’re persistent - you will be working in a fast-paced and changing environment and work well in difficult situations
- You’re empathetic - you care and want to understand customers problems
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid base of IT competence with experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Ideal, but not required:
- Experience working in fast-paced organisations
- Experience in the energy sector or in customer support
- Passion for technology, energy or the environment
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Exciting coworking location right next to Southern Cross station
- Competitive salary and equity
How to Apply
If you think you are a great fit, send your CV + Cover letter to *******@amberelectric.com.au