Food Services Dietitian
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced food service dietitian to join the Nutrition Department at the Northern Beaches Hospital. This unique hospital provides care to public and private patients from an outstanding facility with a large range of quality services provided by exceptional allied health teams, midwives, nurses, doctors and staff.
You will make an impact by helping to improve the food service at Northern Beaches Hospital. You will partake in evaluation of the hospital menu at Northern Beaches Hospital, participating in meal audits, menu review, menu development and planning. You will also contribute to quality improvement activities and work collaboratively with the clinical dietitians and catering staff of the hospital.
- Work alongside the Nutrition Department and Catering department to provide exceptional food service to admitted patients of Northern Beaches Hospital
- Develop and review menus to meet nutritional, dietetic, food texture, food safety, emotional, personal, cultural, social and religious needs of groups taking into account the ordering, preparation, service, availability and distribution of food
- Apply existing standards to develop and access recipes and menus, including special diet recipes and menus appropriate for specific population groups
- Utilise electronic menu management systems and processes
- Facilitate training programs for food service and other relevant staff within the organisation
- Develop, implement and assess the results of quality audits to support the provision of safe, nutritious, quality, cost effective food service
- Advocate for improved food and nutrition services consistent with regulations, standards, guidelines and policies
- Nutrient requirements for individuals and groups and nutritional content of foods including diet specifications, food guides and associated policies, guidelines and standards
- Food legislation, regulation and standards including food labelling, food safety and allergen regulations and HACCP1
- Principles of foods and food preparation including recipe documentation and standardisation
- Food service process including menu ordering via electronic systems, procurement, preparation, meal assembly, distribution and ware washing
- Methods to collect and analyse qualitative and/or quantitative data to identify, audit and monitor food service and/or nutrition issues
Your colleagues can vouch that you:
- Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent that meets the requirements for full membership of the Dietitians Association of Australia
- Previous experience in food service dietetics including coding, menu development and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement projects and/or demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to advocate to all key stakeholders in food service provision
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage workload demands, meet deadlines and complete activities within scope of practice
- Experience facilitating training programs or education small group education to colleagues on topics related to nutrition and/or food service
- Are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
- Respect and work well with others to achieve goals
- Act with integrity and show care for the people you work with
- Embrace change and seek ways to improve service
- Are motivated by personal growth and accountability
Please ensure you application is complete including CV, cover letter and statements addressing the selection criteria.
For more information please visit our website @ northernbeacheshospital.com.au or contact the Manager of Dietetics – Mia Porter on 9105 6191.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button to lodge an application (applications should include cover letter outlining statements against the selection criteria, CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children’s Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.