Accounting & Finance
Industrial / Manufacturing
+61 2 8292 2027
share this job
Our client is one of the largest contract manufacturers of medical products in Australia and New Zealand. Their mission is to deliver the best quality products and ensure their customers succeed within their business.
This role will be reporting to the Group Management Accountant and the main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Set up and maintain standard costs of raw materials, packaging and finished products. Ensuring BOM, route and system structures reasonably reflect actual cost and product complexity.
- Review standard and actual costs. Develop a model of calculating direct labour and overhead cost base on standard process.
- Supporting new product development, provide product costs to Marketing and R&D.
- Margin analysis and cost variance analysis. Identify the causes and opportunities for cost savings. Deal with all questions/issues in terms of cost analysis.
- Provide in-depth financial analysis on monthly actual vs budget variance and any relevant cost controls.
- Monitor, investigate, analyse for the purchase price variance report (PPV) and material usage variance report.
- Analyse and monitor raw material inventory. Prepare monthly stock adjustment report.
- Prepare monthly expired and slow-moving inventory report, analysis and investigate to improve the inventory control.
- In charge of cost and margin analysis for projects and scenario analysis, monitor the project costs for cost savings.
- Assist with annual audit undertaken by the third-party auditors.
- Other ad hoc reporting requests.
- 3 - 5 years' experience within a Manufacturing and Experience in product costing or operational costing highly regarded.
- An Accounting Degree or Equivalent with CPA/CA qualification desirable.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to work with people from senior management to staff on the factory floor.
- Strong MS Excel skills and large ERP system experience.
- Excellent time-management skills with a proven ability to set and work to priorities.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Pro-active, dynamic team player.
- Training and development budget.
- Onsite Gym and Entertainment Room
- Work in a transparent and open environment with a culture that promotes growth.
- A fantastic team and vision for making business better.
- Generous Salary & Bonus package.
Quote job ref: 107458944
+61 2 8292 2027