Specialist, Business Analyst
- Analyzes, defines and prioritizes the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for up to and including highly complex strategic, global programs
- Provides consultation to IT and business management on applying technology to business opportunities and planning and implementing cross-functional applications or systems
- May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project
- Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes requirements using standard processes and templates, and translates into functional design and use case documents
- Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a given large, strategic, multi-year project
- Participates and provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation
- Consults internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation
- Tracks scope and change throughout the remainder of the initiative utilizing formal requirements management principles, including change control and requirements traceability
- Gathers and analyzes information to assist in development of recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas
- Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise
- Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to develop better processes to be used in the future
- Actively influences software development process improvement initiatives.
- Provides senior level consultation to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 6-8 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60141
Organization: Pershing Australia-HR16948
Requisition Number: 1918758