Digital Communications Coordinator
- Permanent full time position based in Sydney CBD
- Unique and exciting opportunity for a high energy, can do digital communications coordinator
- Iconic time to join Sydney Metro with the significant investment into NSW infrastructure
Sydney Metro is Australia’s biggest public transport project. Services started in May 2019 in the city’s North West and will extend into the Sydney CBD and beyond to Bankstown in 2024, when Sydney will have 31 metro railway stations on a standalone new railway system.
Transport for NSW is delivering a once-in-a-century investment in new infrastructure and services, including Sydney Metro. Sydney’s first metro line opened in May 2019; by 2024, Sydney will have 31 metro stations and a new 66km metro railway. Planning is also underway for a metro line linking Greater Parramatta to the Sydney CBD and a line servicing the new Western Sydney International Airport.
As a NSW Government agency, Sydney Metro has been tasked with developing and delivering metro railways and managing their operations. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
The primary purpose of the role is to assist the Public Communications Manager in delivering and implementing digital marketing activities and initiatives that contribute to the profile and quality of Sydney Metro’s public communication plan. This includes implementation of the digital marketing strategy, coordination of digital marketing materials for distribution to stakeholders and maintaining Sydney Metro’s website and social media presence.
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers
- Assist and support the Sydney Metro’s public communication plan by updating and maintaining Sydney Metro’s website and online technologies to effectively communicate with and engage the community and other stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and modification of Sydney Metro’s website and online technology processes in accordance with the digital marketing strategy
- Prepare online communication collateral and implement digital communication campaigns across social networks to support the digital marketing strategy
- Assist in the evaluation of digital communication campaigns to drive website traffic and analyse the effectiveness of website and online services to enhance the profile and quality of public communications messaging
- Contribute to the ongoing digital marketing communication plan by providing advice using data gathering and analysis techniques to identify trends, potential issues and solutions
- Assist and support the implementation of public communication programs and activities (digital) to engage the community and other stakeholders
· Tertiary qualification and some experience in a public relations, marketing and communications environment
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in Drupal Content Management System, social media, email marketing campaign management, social and web analytics
- Demonstrated experience supporting marketing initiatives within a public sector or corporate environment within a variety of digital communications
- Demonstrated experience in assisting in the maintenance of websites, image libraries, mobile applications, digital marketing strategies and online promotional strategies
- Availability to work outside normal working hours, including weekends as required
- A valid Driver's Licence will be required.
If you are energetic, with good attention to detail, have a can-do attitude and passionate about delivering high level quality customer service to our stakeholders in a digital world, then we want to hear from you.
For more information on this position, view the role description here.
TfNSW Grade 7: $101,429- $113,601 plus superannuation and leave loading
If you are looking for an environment in which you can contribute to creating a legacy of achievement that will last for generations and enjoy a flexible and diverse working environment which values collaboration and personal development, then we’d like to meet you.
The successful candidate may need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and covering letter (no longer than two pages) which clearly addresses:
1. the reason for your interest,
2. innovative digital projects you have worked on and
3. how your skills and experience suit the role
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here or for more information on Transport for NSW please click on link provided.
Should you have enquiries about the role, please contact James Thornsby on James.Thornsby@transport.nsw.gov.au .
If you encounter technical issues please contact I Work for NSW Support Team on 1800 562 679 (Mon-Fri) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 16 February 2020.
Sydney Region-Sydney City
Total Remuneration Package:
Transport Service Grade 7 ($101,429 - $113,601), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
James Thornsby - James.Thornsby@transport.nsw.gov.au