Pastrycook - Melbourne
Kogan People Solutions are working with this successful bakery business as they seek their new Pastrycook
This busy and successful bakery with several downtown locations serves a huge variety of cupcakes, cakes and other yummy products. As they grow, they’re now looking for a talented and skilled full time Pastry Cook to join the team. Top salary, in the range $70k to $90k plus super p.a.,is designed to attract the best candidates.
You will work amongst a team working together producing pastry products of the highest quality. You are responsible and capable of providing guidance to others as required. Ongoing training and development is a given.
Full time – ongoing
The role will require you to:
- To ensure appropriately high quality product is made with all areas of production such as quality and quantity of ingredients checked, measured and approved
- Bring previously acquired expertise and high skill levels in making our pastry product range which includes cakes, cupcakes and a variety of sweet pastries
- Manage the fabrication of batches of our products appropriately including loading trays, cooling and de-panning to ensure the required volume of product we make on a daily basis is available for our customers
- Maintain consistently high food & hygiene standards at all times
What you must bring to this role:
- A highly relevant Cert 4 or equivalent (lots of suitable experience may be a great substitute)
- Extensive experience within a fast-paced retail focused environment (preferably multiple outlets) across various commercial cooking equipment
- A creative approach with a strong eye for detail
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Ability to maintain high and consistent food & hygiene standards at all times
- A can-do attitude and the ability to work effectively as part of team
- Willing and able to work a variety of shifts across a rotating roster
- At least 2+ years (more is preferred) post qualification experience working as a pastry cook
Excellent salary in the range $70k to $90k plus superannuation, a great team culture and top conditions are on offer to attract high calibre candidates.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this fast-paced, fun environment, please apply ASAP to the recruiters using the facilities on this site.
KOGAN PEOPLE SOLUTIONS – recruitment excellence