Staff Specialist (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence… to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision?Are you:
- Excited to take the next step in your career mission?
- Passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
About the opportunityThe role of the Staff Specialist (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) is to provide high quality clinical and non-clinical services to benefit the patients and clients of the Townsville Hospital and Health Service (THHS). This includes teaching the health professionals of the future as well as research. You will lead and manage the provision of medical services in accordance with the standard of the speciality, the ethics of the profession and in accordance with the THHS and Queensland Health (QH) policies, in a hospital, community and outreach setting.
The role contains an Obstetric and Gynaecology caseload and will suit a specialist wishing to:
- Join an enthusiastic team of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists who are passionate about providing high quality health care to the women of North Queensland.
- Work collaboratively with other specialists and health professionals involved in the delivery of maternity and gynaecology care.
- Provide supportive leadership to a team of junior doctors who work within the service.
- Qualified as a medical practitioner, qualifications in speciality areas and current registration/or eligible for registration as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Advanced skills in laparoscopic surgery and/or an interest in gynaecological oncology are a bonus but not essential.
Generous remuneration package value up to $413,371 p.a comprising salary range of $179,703 to $227,843 p.a. (L18-L27), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation, professional development assistance, motor vehicle and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Program. Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
Why make the change? Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (320+ days/year). Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic. Appreciate the country town 'feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville, the largest regional centre in the North.
The city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events and a bustling nightlife. The Strand is Townsville's waterfront esplanade; take a stroll along the picturesque paths, do some shopping or attend the night markets, be spoilt for choice with alfresco dining options, sit and relax while the kids play at the water park or one of the family fun areas. Picnic and BBQ facilities are available, as well as gym equipment (including a rock climbing wall) and amenities. Swim in the man-made rockpool or the lifeguard monitored beaches. All with magnificent views of the jewel in Townsville's crown, Magnetic Island. A short, scenic ferry ride will get you there.
Interested..? For a confidential discussion please contact Dr Greet Hoet on 07 4433 1497.Applications close on Wednesday 04 March 2020.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.