Information Technology Support Engineer
At Levit8 Business IT Solutions we are passionate about delivering superior IT solutions to our clients through premium products and exceptional service. Our team provides Managed IT solutions to clients across many industries including Financial, Legal, Airports, Field Service, Production, and Realty. We support a vast array of technology including on-site infrastructure, hybrid solutions and Cloud environments for clients located nationally across Australia and in international locations such as the USA, United Kingdom, Singapore and New Zealand to name a few. We are proud Microsoft Gold Partners, specialising in Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 Business applications and services.
Levit8 is currently seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join our dynamic Managed IT Solutions Team. If you have a passion for technology then this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your skills, be part of a highly professional team, whilst working in a fun, enjoyable and rewarding environment.
Key responsibilities of this exciting position:
- Responsible for supporting clients' networks, systems and data – providing support via telephone, email, ticketing systems and remote tools.
- Opening support tickets from inbound calls, monitoring and completing tickets within the ticketing system, paying close attention to detail and inputting detailed notes and resolutions on tickets at all times.
- Advanced Technical support across a diverse range of technology from end-user support to complex line of business applications and network topologies.
- Advanced Support of server operating systems such as Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and virtualisation platforms VMware and Hyper-V.
- Advanced troubleshooting and configuration of Networking infrastructure including Firewalls, Routers, Switches, SAN’s, vSAN’s.
- Maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction throughout the resolution process.
- Assistance and collaboration with other support team members on projects and complex issues.
- Proactive client maintenance focusing on critical business processes and procedures such as Backup, Disaster Recovery, and Cybersecurity best practices.
- Design and plan new solutions, including server migrations on-site, hybrid and full cloud migrations.
- Escalation of complex issues to more senior engineers or support team members with accurate detail.
You should have a diverse IT skillset and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant industry certifications (Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Citrix, VMware or other certifications);
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server operating systems including deployment, configuration and management (all versions).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Exchange/Office365 including Hybrid, migration, implementation and management.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory/Security Structure (Files and Folders).
- Cloud Experience desirable (Amazon Web Services & Microsoft Azure).
- Advanced experience with backup and disaster recovery in design, configuration, implementation and management (VEEAM, Azure Site Recovery/Backup, AWS).
- Experience with VMware and Hyper-V in design, configuration, implementation and management.
- Experience with SAN & VSAN technologies particularly in design, configuration, implementation and management.
- Advanced experience in networking, firewalls and switching particularly in design, configuration, implementation and management.
- End-user device support including desktops laptops, thin clients, mobile devices, smart devices and more.
- A range of line of business applications such as Microsoft 365, specialised practice software, etc.
- Exposure to VoIP solutions and telephony technology desirable.
Must have the following:
- Previous experience working in a managed service role for an MSP (Managed Service Provider) as an Experienced Support Technician/Engineer.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written (most important).
- Excellent ability to collaborate as a team.
- Confidence in your ability.
- Passion and drive for Technology – most important.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- Permanent residency in Australia or the ability to legally work full time.
- Driver's licence.
- Computer Science Degree, or, relevant tertiary IT qualification.
- Industry or vendor certifications such as AWS, Microsoft or Cisco.
In return, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary which will be negotiated based on your overall skills and experience relevant to the above-mentioned, coupled with a satisfying work culture and environment.