Operations Manager - Shipping Container Unloading Service
Australian Container Unloading Group is one of Australia's largest national container unloading service providers. We currently have an opening for an experienced Operations Manager for our Adelaide branch.
This role is a hands on blue collar position that will see the successful candidate being involved in daily container unloading activities as necessary. We are seeking someone who has previously worked in the shipping container unloading industry. This is a niche market in logistics and previous management experience in shipping container unloading/loading is essential to the role.
Purpose of Position
- End to end running of the business being responsible for all primary jobs including invoicing, payroll, recruitment and induction of new staff.
- Ensuring strict safety standards are enforced on sites through implementation of work method statements and site safety inspections.
- Ensuring daily servicing of clients by achieving 100% KPI's - all shipping containers booked the previous day are unpacked according to ACUG procedures.
- Servicing customers to the highest standards and ensuring retention and effective management of container crews and blue collar labour.
Execution of daily container bookings and unpacks
- Oversee the planning and coordination of the unpacking of shipping containers at multiple warehouse sites daily
Execution of site safety standards
- Oversee and ensure safety documentation is up to date and relevant for all sites ACUG operates on
Execution of accurate weekly invoicing and payroll duties
- Oversee and conduct weekly invoicing for completed container unpacks and casual labour hire
Execution of staff on-boarding and recruitment
- Undertake recruitment of blue collar labour for container unpack and entry level warehousing positions
Execution of daily customer communication
- Coordinate the daily supply of labour through proactive communication with customers by phone and / or email
As the Operations coordinator these responsibilities are completed by performing the following duties:
- Ensure sufficient and appropriately experienced and skilled labour is available at all times to meet demand
- Liaise with Interstate directors, state managers and operations managers through reporting and KPI's
- Communicate with customers relating to any service non-conformances and resolve issues
- Reconcile invoicing issues as they occur liaising with customers to resolve queries
- Manage any issues associated with customer complaints including quality of container unpacking, safety and supply of labour to ensure best possible customer outcome is achieved
Education & Experience
- 5 years experience in the hand unload of shipping container industry
- Knowledge of shipping container unloading processes or in-bound warehouse management experience preferred
- Understanding of Invoicing and payroll functions with XERO accounting software package or similar
- 5+ year's operational experience in warehousing / logistics operations
- Current forklift licence with 5 years + recent forklift driving experience
- In depth experience in conflict resolution and staff management
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
If this opportunity interests you please do not hesitate to submit CV including contactable referees relating to your past work history.
ACUG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applications are treated with complete confidentiality.