- Read, interpret and apply plans to Road and Bridge Construction or Maintenance procedures.
- Quantify and identify materials, subcontractors and services required during construction.
- Accept responsibility for outcomes of assigned work activities.
- Apply standard drawings, specifications, supplementary specifications and other related job documentation to confirm the standard of workmanship.
- Understand meet departmental requirements for procurement of goods, services and supplies to undertake works.
- Perform set out duties prior to and during construction.
- Co-ordinate the activities of a small work group to achieve desired outcomes. Accept responsibility for outcomes of assigned work activities.
- Participate in the performance management process, training and development program.
- Exercise good interpersonal and communication skills when communicating with staff, customers and public within relevant RoadTek guidelines. Ensure compliance with policies with regards to Workplace Health & Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, anti-discrimination and other relevant policies to ensure good working relations are maintained in the work team.
- Exercise high precision operative skill when using plant, small machinery and equipment.
- Exercise high precision trade skill when performing civil construction works.
- Accurately maintain and report on daily records as applicable.
- Implement RoadTek management systems and continuous improvement processes for work performed by the work team. Display a positive attitude towards RoadTek Strategic Direction initiatives.
- Support RoadTek Safety Initiatives in gaining certificates of competencies in relation to Workplace Health and Safety Legislation.
- Support employees undertaking Construction Worker Progression Program by providing opportunities for skilling and training consistent with training plans.
- Commitment to Transport and Main Roads' Workplace Health & Safety Policy of achieving a Zero Harm workplace.
This position reports to the Senior Supervisor.
- A reasonable amount of travel consistent with industry standards will be required throughout the State.
- You may be required to travel to other locations to undertake activities for varying periods of time. You will be entitled to expenses and allowances for such travel.
- Applicants must possess a current, valid Queensland "C" class driver's licence or equivalent.
- Possession of a Certificate III in Civil Construction applicable to modern transport infrastructure projects or ability to acquire one within 18 months.
Please refer to the attached Role Description.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference:
Wednesday, 19 February 2020This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.