Project Engineer (Structural Mechanical Piping)
ABOUT PRIMERO //
Primero Group is a Western Australian owned and operated business who specialise in delivering turnkey engineering design, construction and commissioning solutions to the resources, energy and infrastructure sectors. With 2 Australian offices, Osborne Park and Bibra Lake and more recently establishing ourselves in Quebec Canada, Primero Group is experiencing steady growth as we continue to build a solid, reliable reputation on the foundation of our core values.
Here at Primero we consider our people to be our most valuable asset, we invest in our employees’ personal and professional growth. We provide a range of benefits, including ongoing professional development and on the job training.
Due to significant growth we are looking for SMP Project Engineers to join our team.
We are looking for switched-on individuals to provide engineering support and expertise to ensure allocated projects are undertaken in a safe, sustainable, timely, fit for purpose, and cost-effective manner and in line with Primero policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES //
YOUR REQUIREMENTS //
- Day to day support for the Project Teams, sub-contractors and Vendors, as allocated by the Project Manager, including conducting weekly meetings with contractors and internal project coordination meetings.
- Preparation of tenders and offers in line with client technical / administrative requirements furnished in tender/requirements/needs.
- Read and interpret specifications, technical drawings, schematics, and any other engineering documentation /report.
- Perform calculations for site modification, lift studies and general site engineering problem solving using engineering formulas and skills.
- Apply Australian Standards and codes or identify alternatives and solutions to code exceptions and devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Review and approve all QC documentation provided by the contractor.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Inform relevant personnel of changes to design and/or scope that may impact deadlines, workloads, or assignments of the team or project and project budget.
- Stay abreast of, the project design and construction schedules.
- Control and monitor contractor costs and variations through the utilisation of project management skills.
- Monitor project scope creep and work with Project Manager on delivery of any additional client service requests.
- Perform self-appraisals and appraisals of any subordinates.
- Manage sub-contractors and vendors during supply, construction and commissioning phases of any Project.
APPLY NOW //
- University degree in a relevant discipline (Civil/Structural/Mechanical/ Piping)
- 5+ year’s experience in the mining or energy industry with on-site works during construction and commissioning being essential
- Experience in multi-discipline, EPC projects
- Experience in management and implementation of quality control and assurance
- Possess a strong understanding of applicable codes
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings, schematics and other engineering drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook and in the use of scheduling tools – Primavera 6 preferred, but at a minimum MS Project
If you feel you meet the requirements and would like to join our team, please click the “Apply” link to submit your application.
Primero is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. Follow us on LinkedIn for news, recent updates and career opportunities!
Applications Close Monday 26th February 2020 at 4pm AWSTAdditional information
- Join a collaborative high performing team
- Enviable lifestyle with real work-life balance
- Committed to a culture where everyone is supported, treated fairly and respected