QC Inspector SPS
Brunel’s global EPC client are urgently seeking an experienced QC Inspector for an initial 9 month contract role based in Henderson working 40 hours per week.
The successful QC Inspector will be required to assist current Inspectors with increased work load. Occasional travel may be required.
- Actively participate and contribute to the quality control and quality assurance efforts
- Ensure tools, techniques, procedures and qualifications used comply with API, ISO and other relevant standards
- Ensure internal and external suppliers deliver in compliance with the client and customer quality requirements. Clarify those requirements when required.
- Interface with manufacturing and assembly personnel, suppliers, customer representatives, and inspectors to ensure that verification plans (e.g. ITP's) are implemented correctly, and if necessary to resolve any problems
- Initiate Quality and Service Notification or NCR's for detected deviation or non-conformities. Ensures that Quality Notification and NCR's are correctly and completely populated
- Support Field Non-Conformance Reports (FNCR's) by investigating problems with process or system procedure, evaluating root causes, recommending corrective action and following up on effectiveness of corrections and corrective actions
- Track, monitor and report Quality performance of internal and external suppliers
- Expert in handling testing equipment and instruments
- Actively participates in maintaining calibration of measuring and test equipment
- Answer Quality related questions as a Subject Matter Expert, where possible.
- Diploma/ Degree in Engineering (advantageous)
- Expert in documentation review process
- Expert in using inspection and dimensional instruments
- Advanced ability to interpret complex engineering and welding drawings and tolerances, as well as written engineering procedures/ specifications
- Advanced ability to interpret test specifications
- Intermediate understanding of machining, welding and assembly manufacturing processes. Technical or engineering experience advantageous
- Intermediate understanding of API and other relevant industry standards affecting QC and Product Specification Level (PSL)
- Fundamental knowledge if quality audits
- Computer literate and the ability to use MS Office applications, e.g. word processing and spreadsheet software required, and SAP
- Minimum 3 years of Project Quality Management/ Control work experience in the Oil & Gas industry (or similar industries)
- Previous exposure to perform Risk Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventative Action
- Oilfield equipment manufacturing/ service knowledge is advantageous
- Demonstrate exceptional collaboration, negotiation, motivation, planning, and interpersonal and communication skills
Please note: Australian work rights are required to apply for this position.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Brunel are proud to be equal opportunity employers and encourage applications from indigenous & female candidates.
For more info please contact Scott McAdam on ********@brunel.net / 08 9429 5***