Bloomberg Intelligence - Equity Research Analyst - Oceania
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis on 135 industries and 2,000 companies, industry data, and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of an expanding team responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring equity research on companies within multiple cyclical sectors including industrial and materials, primarily based in the Oceania region. You are entrusted to deliver high quality and timely content while also growing our data offering.
We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Leverage your knowledge of various companies and industries in Australia, New Zealand and surrounding regions to actively create research on a regular basis.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industries.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Work closely with our global team of Bloomberg Intelligence analysts and strategists located in Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, London and New York to coordinate and collaborate on analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, industry and market professionals, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Work with Global Data teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
We'd love to see:
- A minimum of 3 years of equity research experience, specializing in Oceania (Australia & New Zealand) markets.
- Sell-side or buy-side Research Analyst or Associate experience preferred.
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
If this sounds like you:
- CFA designation is preferred.
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.