IT Security Specialist
We have been engaged by a major client in the Federal Government space who is looking for a talented IT Security Specialist to join a team responsible for protecting Client's information and technology assets and environments, providing an IT security advisory service for Client and managing a security framework which applications and systems are measured in terms of compliance against government requirements.
In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to BAU tasks including;
- Executing any IT Security related Commissioning or Decommission Tasks
- Assisting in development of appropriate technical rules/policy for Whitelisting, Firewalls, Proxy, and other gateway devices
- Investigation and Management of IT Security Incidents
- Managing SSL Certificate, Proxy and other Whitelisting Requests
- Assisting with design, implementation, upgrade and support of IT Security Infrastructure
- Development of Documentation and Processes for managing IT Security Infrastructure
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated knowledge of Information Security principles and practices.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge relating to:
- Network perimeter security technologies (firewalls, IPS/IDS and web content filters).
- Windows Host based security Technologies (Windows Firewall, Applocker, Group Policy and Operating System Hardening)
- System Hardening across a range of Operating Systems and Applications
- McAfee Endpoint Security including HIPS and AV
- Other Security Technologies including SIEM, Web Proxies, Email Gateways etc
- Awareness of current frameworks applicable to the Australian Government, such as Protective Security Policy Framework and Information Security Manual.
- Demonstrable skills in assessing, analysing and resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries, utilising all relevant sources of information, media and stakeholder channels, data, reporting, systems and/or databases.
- 5 + years of experience in an information technology role, with experience in information security for at least 3 of those years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian Government information and communications security requirements and methods (Information Security Manual, Protective Security Policy Framework).
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world-class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of the global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in this role and want to know more. Please reach out to me - Kieran Goldsworthy |
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Consent statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
"Modis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to all forms of workforce inclusion. We actively invite and encourage applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds"