Brand Graphic Designer
We’ve been doing it since 1960! The Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is the source of independent expert transport knowledge, with almost 60 years of experience focused on delivering a connected and adaptable future for Australia and New Zealand.
ARRB has a strong heritage supporting and delivering high quality applied research for Australian and New Zealand state road agencies (our Members) and for the community. Our teams are made up of world-leading roads, transport and infrastructure professionals who analyse and interpret global research and apply it to the Australian and New Zealand context.
Why join ARRB:
Our team is mostly made up of very talented engineers working on some amazing transport-related projects. The main focus of this role will be to highlight the positive impact of our research for our clients and the community generally speaking.
Our staff operate within a state-of-the-art workplace with multi-disciplinary teams with highly evolved skills. Here, innovation, personal and professional development can be fostered and nurtured - enabling true collaboration.
About the role and you:
With a keen eye and passion for Graphic Design and Marketing, you know how to transform complex information into easy-to-understand materials using the latest communication tools and techniques. Ideally you have experience creating compelling video clips and stunning infographics.
You are not afraid to take the lead in offering solutions on a range of disciplines, including social media marketing, digital marketing, Design and layout, content generation, copywriting and general campaign/project coordination.
This position would suit a Junior Designer looking to take the next step looking to work in a diverse role, learn with hands on experience and build their career in Graphic Design and Marketing.
In this position you will:
We seek an individual who has:
- Assist with design, branding and marketing related activities including website, brochures, flyers, marketing campaigns, promotional materials and all other branded communication
- Assist the ARRB digital marketing platforms (Hubspot/Internet/Intranet)
- Have an eye for detail and creative edge
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects, follow clear briefs, brand guidelines and be able to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Follow direction, as well as take the initiative
- Be able to Liaise and co-operate with multiple departments
- Have a flexible and co-operative approach to working in our team
- Understand the audience needs and consider the full user experience and champion best practice creative development and design
- Manage and drive your own projects and initiatives.
- Liaise with external suppliers such as printers, developers, product suppliers etc.
Have an edge with:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design plus relevant experience over 2 years.
- A strong, creative portfolio that represents brand and marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with the design tools included in Adobe Creative Suite preferable Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop Knowledge of digital marketing
- Specialized in CRM and marketing platforms such as Hubspot and Mailchimp
What we offer:
- Some knowledge of wordpress and website backend maintenance is advantageous
- Experience working with After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Excellent understanding of digital design for websites, apps, social media platforms and EDM’s
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
- Opportunities to contribute to high-profile and interesting projects
- A healthy work-life balance, with flexible arrangements for accruing time off
- Strong support for career development and further study
- A competitive salary & staff benefits
- Our Port Melbourne site is a state-of-the-art work campus encompassing basketball courts, pool and ping pong tables, café, end of trip facilities, and hosts the largest pavements laboratory within the southern hemisphere!
- Flexible working times, and with activity based working arrangements
- Free on-site parking
- Access to paid parental leave
- Potential salary packaging benefits available
- Additional leave days over end-of-year holiday period
To be considered: Please press the "APPLY" button in this job advertisement. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources in MelbourneAdditional information
- Great Opportunity!
- Designer with 2 - 3 years' experience are encouraged to apply
- Diverse design and branding role within a committed and engaging team