Head Of Special Education Services - Strathpine West State S...
Image Courtesy of Strathpine West State School
About Strathpine West State School
Strathpine West State School was established in 1981 and is located in Garbala Drive, Strathpine. Our school is surrounded by residential development and bushland. Strathpine West State School attracts students from Strathpine, Brendale, Bray Park, Cashmere and Warner and services families who represent the broad spectrum of Australian socioeconomic circumstances.
As the Head of Special Education Services you will have responsibility for the following:
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Lead the school special education unit or special education developmental unit teachers, students and stakeholders to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Are active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Are futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students with disability.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the unit to achieve goals.
To apply please attach the following:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at www.qct.edu.au
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.