Completions Engineer | Monash Freeway Upgrade Stage 2
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The Monash Freeway is in Melbourne’s fast growing south east and outer south-east region and the $761M design and construct project will expand the Monash from eight to 10 lanes slashing nearly ten minutes off the morning peak hour commute and better connect the Monash to Eastlink.
Works include the addition of 36 kilometres of new lanes to the Monash Freeway, upgrading the Beaconsfield interchange with new freeway ramps, the extension and widening of O’Shea Road and the roll out of the Freeway Lane Management System to better manage traffic flows.
Construction is scheduled to start in early 2020 and be completed in 2022.
We are currently seeking an experienced Completions Engineer to progressively achieve completion through a demanding completions program. This also includes verification and surveillance on acceptance artefacts prior to each acceptance milestone, identifying and managing program risks and opportunities, and applying, enforcing, establishing, monitoring and implementing project completion strategy.
The experience Completion Engineer will work with a diverse team to manage the progressive handover process at project completion ensuring that all key stakeholders are involved, and that project documentation is completed in accordance with the project completion strategy.
As Completions Engineer, you will be accountable for:
- Working with the Quality & Completion Team to manage the overall completion strategy to ensure successful delivery of all completion artefacts at each targeted completion milestone
- Verification and compilation of all completion documentation submissions
- Verification inspections of all completion documentation and requirements including assisting the Project Delivery Team to meet demanding completion program
- Manage all completion inspections with various stakeholders including the completion handover process
- Assist the Project Delivery Team to manage and monitor management of change that impacts the completion program
- Provide continuous assistance and training to the entire Project Team including all subcontractors to meet completion deliverables
- Identify work practices, methods and activities that can be altered or improved
- Manage all aspects of allocated projects in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and contractors to progress projects to implementation and commissioning
- Assist the Design Team to identify completion artefacts with the receipt of design information and drawings, including ensuring that a current drawing register is maintained, and that the documentation is issued to all the relevant parties
- Verify and monitor the Request for Information process ensuring that there is the appropriate technical input (from others) to the query and that there is a timely response to ensure that the completion program will not be impacted
- Undertake assigned work duties to ensure their completion on time, within budget, with all project risks mitigated and effect on train operations whilst ensuring that construction standards are maintained and conform to safety, reliability and quality
- Work with multi-discipline teams, coordinating inputs and reaching a decision for the benefit of the project and to ensure that the completion strategy is delivered
Requirements for this role are:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Construction disciplines or similar
- 5+ years Postgraduate Engineering or Construction Management experience
- Management of all Client, Stakeholder and other parties to maximise the outcome and minimise any downside and/or risk to the project
- Understanding telecommunications and appreciation of the technologies, processes and needs of the specific projects
- Good understanding of project life cycles and project management methodologies
- Strong contract, commercial focus and business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Must have proven project life cycle completion experience
The Monash Freeway Upgrade is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.