WorkPac Professional are seeking a Senior Project Engineer for an exciting opportunity with a large multi-national mining client.
The successful candidate will support the Civil Works Construction Manager in the development of the construction phase of the rail infrastructure development including bulk earthworks. This is a site-based role working a 14:7 roster. The candidate must be willing to relocate to Townsville or Rockhampton for the duration of the role to bus in and out to site.
Accountabilities will include:
• Review and assess on site engineering issues
• Coordinate with Project Directors and Manager, purchasing and contract admin teams for construction progression
• Accurately record the construction progression
• Identify and control of earthworks materials relating to suitability and quantity
• Review of contractor construction management plans
• Manage contractor QA documentation and compliance including the NCR management process
• Issuing site instruction and other contractor management tools
Skills and Experiences:
To succeed in this role, you will have:
• Degree qualified in civil engineering or equivalent
• Demonstrated success as a Senior Project Engineer on major linear rail infrastructure projects
• 10 years relevant experience in mining, civil or related industry
• Strong experience co-ordinating site works
• Excellent knowledge of rail construction legislations and policies in Australia
How to Apply
Click Apply Now. Alternatively email Julia Ryzner Principal Consultant at ************@workpac.com
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Looking after our employees is important to us. Through our myrewards platform, we offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.