This position is responsible for coordinating the development of processes and procedures to ensure our client can respond to an ICT Disaster so that critical business functions can be resumed within a defined timeframe and the loss of data minimized. The role requires design, development and documentation of IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) strategies and plans, execution of Disaster Recovery plans and associated test procedures of each critical functional area of the organization.
Building strong relationships is critical in this role as you will need to work with a number of different stakeholders. This role requires a level of experience to work with technical teams to undertake Business Impact Assessments to produce and maintain Business Continuity Plans, Technical Recovery Plans and Application Recovery Plans.
Conduct Analysis on Disaster Recovery Capabilities of ICT systems and provide guidance on remediation where possible including the development/implementation of recommendations to ensure that the DR capabilities deliver DR outcomes.
Provide well documented and tested IT Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans, Technical Recovery Plans and Application Recovery Plans in accordance with legislative requirements.
Review existing policies, processes and procedures and ensure compliance, identify gaps and provide recommendations for improvement planning.
Conduct Business Impact Analysis for all existing critical services or new services, develop appropriate testing and plans for stakeholders.
Provide guidance to stakeholders, facilitate meetings and workshops, document requirements and provide direction to technical teams.
Provide regular DR status report and updates to the Disaster Recovery Manager.
Administer training and awareness programs for IT Service Continuity to the business and key stakeholders. 2/8
To maintain a highly professional, performance based, innovative, responsive and accountable customer service culture.
Ensure employees operate and engage in accordance with the customer promises (and the expected behaviors associated with those values and promises).
To successfully manage relationships with customers.
1. Comprehensive experience and a record of achievement in Service Continuity Management in a large and complex service environment, including relevant qualifications or equivalent demonstrated experience. This includes extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience across multiple ITIL v3 disciplines such as
Service Design, Service Transition and Service Operation.
2. Experience in facilitating and conducting Disaster Recovery tests of complex applications and systems. Including the planning, management, coordination, reporting and management of risks and issues.
3. Ability to conduct/facilitate a Business Impact Analysis, produce Disaster Recovery schedules, technical work instructions, test cases and communication plans for both test and real disasters.
4. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with the skill to prepare and deliver formal documentation, presentations, diagramming and modelling.
5. Establish relationships with internal customers/stakeholders by being proactive, displaying knowledge of service continuity practices and work with teams to develop, track and test Business Continuity Plans, Technical Recovery Plans and Application Recovery Plans
6. Excellent analytical skills including proven experience in analysing and interpreting complex information from numerous sources, preparing and presenting analysis and reports, dealing with challenges creatively and achieving business focused solutions.
7. Excellent technical orientation, able to demonstrate strong knowledge of infrastructure technologies for a wide range of technical computing environments.