One of our premium clients based in Melbourne is looking for a highly experienced and committed individual for a Data Analyst role. This key position will be responsible to provide applied data analytics to the implementation of high priority Data Action Projects as part of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Provide data and analytics services and advice to support data management, analysis and reporting, and contribute analytics expertise to cross divisional and multi-disciplinary projects;
- Provide data stewardship through extraction, manipulation, cleaning, testing, reporting and visualisation of data, and manage data assets in line with relevant legislation, policies, standards and best practice;
- Collaborate with ICT and other internal stakeholders to produce timely, relevant, and reliable insights that are fit-for-purpose to inform the client's performance reporting and regulatory decision making;
- Support the continual improvement of data analytics services and reporting to client and broader stakeholders.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
Technical skills and knowledge
- Tertiary qualifications in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or other technical field) and extensive relevant experience in data science and/or data analysis; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience delivering data and analytics solutions and outputs and a proven track record in designing and conducting advanced statistical analyses using small and large datasets to identify trends, patterns and issues.
- Demonstrated experience in SQL and data transformation using a range of languages/tools and an ability to rapidly master new software packages used for data management, analysis and reporting.
- Experience using Business Intelligence and data visualisation tools, with a proven record of delivering interactive reports and user-driven dashboards in PowerBI or similar.
- Proven ability to guide, advise and mentor others in the application of professional standards, reviewing outputs to ensure compliance.
- Must have baseline security clearance
Supports strategic direction
- Demonstrated experience of gathering and investigating information from a variety of sources with the ability to scrutinise information and identify any critical gaps.
- Proven ability to break through problems, explore possibilities and weigh up options to identify innovative solutions.
- A willingness to contribute own expertise to achieve outcomes for the work area and capitalise on the expert knowledge and skills of others within the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to see projects through to completion, monitor project progress and adjust plans as required.
Teamwork and builds partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and operate as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of key stakeholders, as well as a record of proactively offering assistance for a mutually beneficial relationship.
Personal drive and integrity
- Demonstrated capacity to take personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work.
- Ability to provide impartial and forthright advice with the confidence to challenge important issues constructively and stand by own position when challenged.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally, confidently and effectively communicate messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner with a focus on key points and use of appropriate, unambiguous language
Modis is a national professional services company with global capability. Our committed and talented professionals have delivered world class IT and business consulting services across a wide range of industries. As a member of global professional services group Adecco, we offer world-class employment opportunities.
Talented, committed, can-do individuals have always been the cornerstone of this dynamic business. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring in Data Analysis skill set to this organisation.
For more information on the role, please contact Ravikumar Sammeta on 0428 407 *** / ***************@modis.com
Due to new privacy laws regarding the collection and handling of personal information, all applications must be submitted online. Once you click on the "apply for this job" button below you will be directed to our Online Centre where you will have the opportunity to read and agree to our Privacy and Collection statements and it will allow your details to be formally lodged and processed correctly.
Modis is committed to all forms of workforce diversity and we invite and encourage applications from women and indigenous Australians.