Fresh Meat Production Site Manager
Transport & logistics
Fresh Meat Production Site Manager
Responsible for providing strategic and day to day leadership to operations teams championing safety, quality, culture & capability, and improving operational efficiency across site to deliver and exceed customer expectations. The facility is based in Western Sydney. Key Tasks:
- Managing multiple teams led by Senior Managers and Managers.
- Owning short to mid-term (1-3 years) strategy execution and operational direction for all operational teams.
- The role oversees a large turnover value and has delegated authority for capital and operational expenditure.
- Responsible for an annual operational overhead of up to $100m.
- The role is responsible for managing the inbound storage of 85,000T’s of raw material for both red meat and poultry, one of the largest in the country.
- The role is responsible for the outbound warehouse which dispatches 60,000T’s 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Dispatching product to all stores on the eastern seaboard. Ensuring you have joint accountability for the engineering support services in the area.
- Responsible for strategy and planning to align business operations with the company's mission and goals. Researches and analyses industry and competitive trends to identify emerging market opportunities and strategic areas of interest.
- Identifies and prioritizes product and service improvement opportunities and creates plans for implementation.
- Develops complex forecasting models, budgets, resource allocation and plans for projects. Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of company's internal operations to develop forward-looking focus for business.
- Health & Safety: A safe working environment is paramount so implementing risk/injury management strategies;
- Leadership: model leadership values and behaviours; Lead and develop an Operations Senior leadership team who embed a culture of excellence and continuous improvement, Coach team members to achieve business targets and behaviours and manage performance and behaviour that do not meet these requirements
- Operational Efficiency: Target to double growth in production capacity by leading best practice operational efficiency;
- Quality: Ensure top quality and to protect and enhance the brand;
- Costs: Optimisation of labour and manage resources to ensure sufficient coverage for volume expectations and complexity, Minimisation of controllable downgrades and write offs of products
- Supply Chain: Critical accountabilities across centre uptime, delivery rates on time, dispatch and maximising product lifetime
- Minimum 10 years management experience;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering/Science/Food Technology/Supply Chain;
- Experience working in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) process manufacturing industry – (short shelf life products);
- Specific experience in meat processing/food manufacturing highly sought;
- A track record of achievement in leading and managing a large, fast-moving manufacturing operational team;
- Proven success in developing and implementing better, faster and more efficient ways of running operations;
- Extensive experience in lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and quality assurance systems;
- Exceptional commercial acumen;
- Experience in building a highly efficient and motivated senior leadership team;
- Strong operational experience;
- Previous experience working on a large-scale start-up business beneficial;
- A tertiary qualification in Business Management or equivalent is desirable;
- Understand global best practices in lean manufacturing principals highly sought;
- Experience in a chilled supply chain operating 7 days per week, 365 days per year
To be considered must have full Australian working rights. Please apply via link or you can email your resume and cover letter to ***********@konnecting.com