IB&M Transformation Portfolio PMO Analyst
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Our purpose is to combine global connectivity and capability to build a better Australia.
See yourself as part of our team
The IB&M Chief Operating Office (COO) is responsible for IB&M's Strategy, Business Administration & Logistics, Strategic Projects and overseeing Data & Analytics.
Our success rests on the effective implementation of our strategic transformational initiatives and operational excellence so that we can continue to deliver exceptional results for our clients and the wider Group.
This role is a key role in the IB&M Transformation and Delivery team, within the Chief Operating Office.
Do Work That Matters
The objective of the IB&M Transformation Portfolio PMO Analyst role is to provide project planning, tracking, reporting and governance expertise to one Program within the portfolio, in accordance with the CBA Group Delivery Framework.
In partnership with relevant Program Director, this role will be responsible for designing, developing and continuously improving Management Information across the Program and ensuring Program information is consistent, accurate, timely and transparent to key stakeholders.
This role will report to the PMO Manager and will provide direct support to a Program Director of one Program within the portfolio.
The PMO Analyst must maintain and build productive relationships with the following:
- Program team including the Program Director, MD Transformation & Delivery and Portfolio Change Director
- Staff on the project team and in the project working groups specifically including Project Managers and Change Analysts
- Key stakeholders including the Project Steering Group, as required
- Third party suppliers and consultants, if and as required
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people
- Preparation of project documentation and providing a quality assurance role over project artefacts
- Maintaining project schedules and ensuring resource allocations and project forecasts are accurate.
- Maintaining project financials including budgets, actuals, forecast and variances.
- Maintaining and monitoring risk, issue, action and decision registers by providing weekly reviews.
- Drive data completeness, quality, accuracy and timely information
- Maintain Quality control reports to ensure templates/formats/ timelines/content are consistent
- Implementing and maintaining effective program performance monitoring
- Identify dependencies and risks from Initiative through to Program level
- Analyse Initiative and Program performance to provide insights on lead and lag indicators
- Ensuring that highest standards of project documentation and storage are maintained
- Collating Initiative status reports and generating insights to Program Leadership
- Providing targeted bespoke analysis as required by key stakeholders
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by your manager that you have the capability to perform safely. (NOTE: All tasks assigned and carried out must be performed in accordance with all relevant internal Bank policies and external regulatory requirements).
To help us deliver a better future for Institutional Banking and Markets, you will ideally have:
Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Strong reasoning ability and negotiation / influencing skills, across a range of stakeholder groups
- Ability to think critically, analytically and strategically
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- BU specific - business commercial aptitude and knowledge
- Strong people leadership skills, including expectation setting, coaching, and performance management
- Minimum 10 years' experience in leading the OCM of transformational and strategic projects with a minimum of 5 years 10 years' experience in banking/financial service/other relevant industry
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting, economics, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or related subjects
If you live and breathe the Group's values and demonstrate strong people capabilities this role can offer great opportunities and career development. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 26/03/2020