Maintenance & Safety Coordinator
Maintenance and Safety Coordinator
Archie Rose Distilling Co. is a young, independent distillery with a progressive approach to crafting quality spirits. Our industry-leading team have been responsible for the production of a range of award winning spirits which are enjoyed by discerning drinkers across the country and overseas. Based in the centre of Sydney, Archie Rose is one of the fastest growing distilleries in the country allowing for career progression and skills growth. If you are looking for a career within a dynamic team that offers the satisfaction of creating innovative products then this could be the job for you.
Our rapidly growing business is looking for a committed and experienced Maintenance and Safety Coordinator to implement, drive and maintain safety and maintenance across our new Distillery located in Banksmeadow. To be successful in this role, the applicant will be a self-motivated professional with a proven track record in maintenance and safety. We are looking for a team player who possesses the following:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Implementing and maintaining a CMMS (MEX) at the new Distillery site in Banksmeadow
- Implementing and maintaining a safety software system and SOP across the site
- Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure.
- Responsible for planned scheduling of maintenance and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out.
- Expert support of Maintenance such as providing technical assistance and analysing equipment downtime
- Effectively managing the spare parts store so that cost/benefit is optimal
- To actively drive the WHS, ensure that all legislative requirements are met, implement corrective action plans to mitigate risks.
- Adhering to current industry requirements for the alcohol manufacturing industry while developing new safety standards
- Ensuring visitors and contractors are inducted on site and adhere to all policies
- Responsible for all site safety and being the lead point of contact during commissioning of our new plant
- Facilitating risk assessments and managing risk management processes.
You will have:
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Maintenance/Safety or Engineering Management preferably in a Distillery or Brewing environment
- Engineering Degree in an appropriate discipline from a recognised tertiary educational institution, preferably Process, Electrical or Mechatronics engineer
- Excellent communication, both oral and written, be able to develop SOP, business cases etc.
- Proven experience developing and implementing WHS management systems
- Proactive mindset and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to have a dual role within a busy working environment.
- Experience in the facility management or services industry is highly desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills, initiative and the ability to prioritise tasks
If you have an inherent attention to detail, enjoy implementing and improving systems, working across a number of areas on multiple projects and love handcrafted spirits; we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that as this is a full time position, requiring full working rights, no working holiday visas.