Deployment Manager - In Building Coverage Solutions
Kordia is one of Australia and New Zealand's leading integrated Telecommunications and Technology service delivery organisations. We specialise in designing, building, operating and maintaining social and business critical communications systems throughout Australasia.
‘What I really like about working for Kordia is that we work hard and we celebrate successes’
- Program Manager
Our IBC - Special Coverage Solutions business:
Due to the successful award of a recent IBC (In Building Coverage) tender, Kordia are looking to grow our team of IBC experts into our Huntingwood office.
This group has an excellent reputation in the industry and predominately focuses on the consultation, design and installation of IBC and DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems). Our team provide coverage solutions directly to carriers, vendors, third parties along with 'jamming' solutions to correctional facilities. We have BIG plans for growth over the next 2 years.
This role will see you responsible for:
- Overall leadership and motivation of the SCS Deployment Team.
- Line management of the Deployment team including the supervisory and support roles required to oversee field activities across multiple contract deliverables and programs.
- Monthly review and reporting of Deployment activities and performance to the SCS Business Manager.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness of the Deployment Team within Victoria
- Staff recruitment, performance and development management.
- Management of staff levels and skills sets to meet internal resourcing requirements, budget and corporate constraints.
- Review, establish and implement procedures for the ongoing improvement of IBC-related deployment.
- Assist with Program Start up including Management Plans, SWMS, MOPs etc
- Co-ordinate the overall management of sub-contractors with assistance from the Deployment Specialists.
- Ensuring Kordia Safety, Environment and Quality Standards and Procedures are adhered to
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a leader with previous experience in the deployment of in-building coverage solutions (essential) who has around 5 yrs experience managing internal field teams and subcontractors, along with:
- Practical knowledge of Radio Access infrastructure – incl. Distributed Antenna Systems, Micro, Repeater, Femto technologies
- Knowledge of Radio Access technologies
- Site Controller/Deployment experience
- Ability to estimate onsite build costs to assist Project Managers with final quoting
- Ability to estimate build timeframes to assist PM’s establish an achievable completion date for individual projects.
- Good computer application skills with MS Office experience, and be competent with use of PIM/Sweep/ RF test equipment
- Basic understanding of transmission systems including PDH, SDH, packet switched networks, and IP
- Willingness and ability to work at heights when required
- Solid understanding of quality systems, OH&S and regulatory compliance
- Current drivers’ licence
- Ability to undertake occasional inter-state travel and night work
- Degree or Diploma in Electronic or Telecommunication Engineering or related Field
- Certificate IV in OHS highly regarded
At Kordia we believe every team member has a role to play in the overall success of the business. Whether it is through our working relationships, technology or skills. Our culture and values encourage and reward those that are collaborative, trustworthy, humble, courageous and expert. If these values appeal to you, we can offer you an environment in which you will thrive.Additional information
- New program start-up within our highly successful IBC team
- Resource management of the installation/commissioning field delivery teams
- Excellent opportunity to join our successful Sydney based IBC team